+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: WALES 0-0 POLAND. AET. Poland win on penalties.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: WALES 0-0 POLAND. AET. Poland win on penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    And me, people on here always looking for someone to blame. Sometimes nobody is at fault.
    Shouldn’t questions be asked as to why we only used three subs in a game which lasted 120 minutes though?

I have a quibble about what Ramsey was doing there as well, but, that apart, I wouldn’t be too critical - that Armenia defeat was what really buggered our chances up not Dan James or what Page did or didn’t do tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Shouldn’t questions be asked as to why we only used three subs in a game which lasted 120 minutes though?
    If you want to ask those questions, crack on. But there has to be balance and fairness. Some people on here use stuff like that as a definitive reason as to why we lost. Which is simply bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I have a quibble about what Ramsey was doing there as well, but, that apart, I wouldn’t be too critical - that Armenia defeat was what really buggered our chances up not Dan James or what Page did or didn’t do tonight.
    I missed the 2nd part of your reply for some reason. I would agree, The Armenia game was the killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I missed the 2nd part of your reply for some reason. I would agree, The Armenia game was the killer.
    I added the second para after posting the message.

I see the team that won our group, Turkey, lost 6-1 to Austria tonight.

I was surprised at the starting line up but Brooks, as was proved, was not 100%, bringing him on was a gamble that failed to pay off. Thing is though despite the substitution, nothing changed. Perhaps bringing Moore off and moving Johnson inside would have been the plan B that could have thrown the Polish defence. Instead it was, more or less, like for like. I’d have liked to have seen Johnson in a central role with the ball on the deck. I like attacking substitutions to mix things up, to bring a different approach, unsettle defenders, especially central defenders who’ve had a 60 minute aerial, roughhouse battle to be suddenly finding themselves having to turn and chase a whippet.