+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pilot's family GoFundMe page to find him

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Pilot's family GoFundMe page to find him

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I assumed as they found the wreckage within a day that there would be funds left for further searches.

Other than an area around the site though I'm not sure how he would be found. Perhaps the investigation could help understand what may have happened to him, was he consciously able to get out of the plane etc. If so he isn't going to be anywhere near it.
    From an Aviation perspective I have given a lot of thought to ways the pilot could have exited the aircraft and in all reality unless the front screen imploded and he exited via that orifice he can only have gone out through the port rear door ( or maybe the starboard emergency window )

Without knowing whether the cockpit area was crushed in the impact or whether it split from the rear fuselage there is no real way to know whether the pilot is still seated in the pilot seat or not?

I would very much doubt that the pilot exited the rear door because to get to that would have been past Emiliano Sala.

My personal thought is: He is trapped in the front cockpit & still strapped in. So I would hope they raise the wreckage if the GoFundMe money is enough to recover the aircraft ( I wonder whether any monies are remaining from the first crowdfunding that can be applied to assist the second search? )

I would think there are mixed feelings about the raising of the wreckage, the Ibbotson family & the Sala family will not only want but need the wreckage recovered...... I am certain that those involved in the organising of the flight would rather it stayed on the seabed forever.

Picture of door location to show that it is unlikely the pilot went past Sala to get out, if he was trying to get out that door I am sure he would have got Sala out that way as well?

46.jpg
    aircraft-single-piston-piper-malibu-mirage-294278_ad2ffd853959338d51005c4cb383422e_920X485.jpg

Re: Pilot's family GoFundMe page to find him

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer46 View Post
    From an Aviation perspective I have given a lot of thought to ways the pilot could have exited the aircraft and in all reality unless the front screen imploded and he exited via that orifice he can only have gone out through the port rear door ( or maybe the starboard emergency window )

Without knowing whether the cockpit area was crushed in the impact or whether it split from the rear fuselage there is no real way to know whether the pilot is still seated in the pilot seat or not?

I would very much doubt that the pilot exited the rear door because to get to that would have been past Emiliano Sala.

My personal thought is: He is trapped in the front cockpit & still strapped in. So I would hope they raise the wreckage if the GoFundMe money is enough to recover the aircraft ( I wonder whether any monies are remaining from the first crowdfunding that can be applied to assist the second search? )

I would think there are mixed feelings about the raising of the wreckage, the Ibbotson family & the Sala family will not only want but need the wreckage recovered...... I am certain that those involved in the organising of the flight would rather it stayed on the seabed forever.

Picture of door location to show that it is unlikely the pilot went past Sala to get out, if he was trying to get out that door I am sure he would have got Sala out that way as well?

46.jpg
    aircraft-single-piston-piper-malibu-mirage-294278_ad2ffd853959338d51005c4cb383422e_920X485.jpg
    Thanks for this information.

Why haven’t the rescue team come up with this information if as you say, the pilot may be trapped in the plane? Every article I’ve read has stated that there was only one body on the plane?