+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Newport winning, Hartlepool losing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Newport winning, Hartlepool losing

Hartlepool 2 down. Newport have to hold on.

Hartlepool then have to beat either Cheltenham (away) or Doncaster (Home) to have a chance of staying up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Hartlepool 2 down. Newport have to hold on.

Hartlepool then have to beat either Cheltenham (away) or Doncaster (Home) to have a chance of staying up.
    The Great escape is on, Newport out of the zone.

Jeff stelling just lost it live on sky, dave jones out

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Jeff stelling just lost it live on sky, dave jones out
    Hats off for the "passion", but a lot of the time he comes across as a bit fake.

Offered to resign as club president if he's overstepped the mark. Says this is not Jones' level. Fair point, Jones has managed at higher levels but he joined after the transfer window closed and there's not much you can do in that situation.

Hats off for the "passion", but a lot of the time he comes across as a bit fake.

Offered to resign as club president if he's overstepped the mark. Says this is not Jones' level. Fair point, Jones has managed at higher levels but he joined after the transfer window closed and there's not much you can do in that situation.

Dave Jones joined Hartlepool on 18 January 2017 which was during the transfer window.

As for not being able to do much after a transfer window has closed, what about Mike Flynn who took over at Newport in March & has done an amazing job?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Dave Jones joined Hartlepool on 18 January 2017 which was during the transfer window.

As for not being able to do much after a transfer window has closed, what about Mike Flynn who took over at Newport in March & has done an amazing job?
    OK, I stand corrected. However, the rant was completely wrong. If he is club president, he could have made his point off air.

Dave Jones is not a bad manager, let's be honest.

OK, I stand corrected. However, the rant was completely wrong. If he is club president, he could have made his point off air.

I don't know how you can say he is not a bad manager as his record with Hartlepool suggests that he is not that good anymore. I would say that he was not a bad manager but he was out of work for over 3 years prior to being appointed as Hartlepool manager & a lot can change in that sort of time. Just because he was a decent manager once doesn't mean that it will always be the case

His record since leaving us hardly suggests him to be the great manager some City fans think he is.