+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sabri Lamouchi - why on earth was he appointed?!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sabri Lamouchi - why on earth was he appointed?!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    This is an attempted wind up.

Bloody internet and it's silly bugger users.
    I tend to agree with your first sentence. I’m not sure either party would want Lamouchi to be in charge of a Cardiff City in League One next season, so a short term deal with the possibility of extending it if we’re in the Championship in 23/24 makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I tend to agree with your first sentence. I’m not sure either party would want Lamouchi to be in charge of a Cardiff City in League One next season, so a short term deal with the possibility of extending it if we’re in the Championship in 23/24 makes sense to me.
    Warnock or Pulis [or Ron Atkinson if he's still alive] would have been amongst the obvious choices for a short-term tenure if the sole objective is to avoid relegation. Warnock I believe would have wanted a king's ransom, Pulis rather less but still costly. I wouldn't blame them either with the wealth Vin reputedly has.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Warnock or Pulis [or Ron Atkinson if he's still alive] would have been amongst the obvious choices for a short-term tenure if the sole objective is to avoid relegation. Warnock I believe would have wanted a king's ransom, Pulis rather less but still costly. I wouldn't blame them either with the wealth Vin reputedly has.
    And what about Dave Bassett who was brought in often to no avail? Does he still hold the record for most relegated manager from the Premiership manager? Guess our Neil be up there but for being sacked by QPR.

Also made me think of yo-yo teams. I found this from 2015:
    "Middlesbrough were promoted or relegated ten times between 1982 and 1998. Worldwide, the record for successive promotions and relegations is apparently held by the Norwegian club SK Brann: they went up in 1979, 1981, 1983, 1985 and 1987, but down in 1980, 1982, 1984 and 1986."

Nei mid-table mediocrity for SK Brann then.

Smile Re: Sabri Lamouchi - why on earth was he appointed?!

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

Apparently our players were against the idea of Colin coming back as they (unlike some of the players he signed) are not on overinflated wages so weren`t willing to pay him his requested cut of their appearance money

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Apparently our players were against the idea of Colin coming back as they (unlike some of the players he signed) are not on overinflated wages so weren`t willing to pay him his requested cut of their appearance money
    Is that actually true ?