+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Man charged with Manslaughter in relation to Sala

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Man charged with Manslaughter in relation to Sala

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    There was plenty of speculation at the time of the accident some of which was confirmed by the CAA interim report to the extent that it is pretty obvious what happened. However, I guess that speculation should cease now as we want any guilty party to experience the full force of the law.

One disturbing thing mentioned in the press reports is that any licensing discrepancies as reported by the CAA (so is not speculation) could invalidate the insurance policy meaning whoever is determined to own Sala and his bereaved family, who have suffered beyond belief, may not get a penny. Sad the money side is likely to play a significant part but that's life I guess.
    This is the thing - if the insurance is invalid - then a civil case will follow so it's important to define "ownership", "loss" and "culpability"
    I feel sorry for the pilots family if it ends up he is the fall guy as an civil claim against his estate will bankrupt it and the entity that the loss will ultimately sit with.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    This is the thing - if the insurance is invalid - then a civil case will follow so it's important to define "ownership", "loss" and "culpability"
    I feel sorry for the pilots family if it ends up he is the fall guy as an civil claim against his estate will bankrupt it and the entity that the loss will ultimately sit with.
    No point having a civil case if the guilty party is a man of straw.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post

Doesn’t sound like the pilots estate was worth much, was t he bankrupt and in debt?