I feel sorry for Wenger a little, He has spent years at a club, a club that at a time prioritised a stadium build over a team build and its clear that Wenger has worked on a totally different budget compared to the other clubs in the top 6 (his section of the league). However with these constraints he has always qualified for Europe and done ok at that level.

What we see at Arsenal is a club that plays decent football, that does well in the league and does not carry about with it a hellish amount of debt, it doesn't need huge benefactors either. If it were Cardiff in that position i would be delighted, it seems to be that well run club we all talk about.

I understand all fans want to see clubs kick on, to get better year on year, and as such Arsenal fans want to go from competing to winning. However i feel that if Wenger went, and the clubs stick to its principle of not overspending you will see the club go backwards, suddenly not qualifying for Europe, having less to spend to stay within budget, and the fans suddenly seeing what a good job was being done by Wenger.