+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Morrissey's New Album

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Morrissey's New Album

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You should have a look at Marr's discography. Johnny Marr is unstoppable as a musician and would have made it with or without Morrissey. Morrissey might still be up in his bedroom if it wasn't for Johnny Marr.
    That’s why I said initially.
    There’s no doubting who’s been far more successful since The Smiths broke up.
    And the break up was down to Marr, no?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I think it's more complicated than that. I think Morrissey and Marr were going in different directions. I'm sure Morrissey saw it coming. He started recording Viva Hate pretty much as soon as Strangeways came out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Marr decided to stop it yeah. I think Strangeways was them finding their groove to the extent they all outlived the band. Rourke obviously had his issues whilst Joyce pretended to contribute in the background. Listen to A Rush and a Push and you could see they were starting to go in a completely new direction. They came close to reforming in roughly 2008ish when Marr and Moz met in a pub for a catch up after about 10 years. Marr was up for it but Moz never got back to him (according to Marr).

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    Marr decided to stop it yeah. I think Strangeways was them finding their groove to the extent they all outlived the band. Rourke obviously had his issues whilst Joyce pretended to contribute in the background. Listen to A Rush and a Push and you could see they were starting to go in a completely new direction. They came close to reforming in roughly 2008ish when Marr and Moz met in a pub for a catch up after about 10 years. Marr was up for it but Moz never got back to him (according to Marr).
    Mike Joyce had the same problem Andy Rourke did. Probably worse.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Mike Joyce had the same problem Andy Rourke did. Probably worse.
    Good.

Good.
    If there ever was a Smiths reunion I'm pretty sure that Mike Joyce wouldn't be involved.

And I've read his book.