+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Germany were right to be concerned..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Germany were right to be concerned..

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Right in front of us.

Trouble is Jazz didn't scream, roll around on the floor & got up reasonably quickly.

Haven't seen the TV replay but in real time from around 30 foot away it looked a straight red (as a qualified ref that's what I would have given on any other pitch)
    The ball bounces to head height and de Bruyne goes for it with his foot. Richards wants to head the ball but sees the foot and changes direction slightly, de Bruyne's studs catch him on the way down as Richards is running in. The connection in the picture is a complete accident. If Richards had gone for the header and been caught by de Bruyne's boot then it may well have been a red but people on here must be pretty desperate to compare it to Bennett's foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    The ball bounces to head height and de Bruyne goes for it with his foot. Richards wants to head the ball but sees the foot and changes direction slightly, de Bruyne's studs catch him on the way down as Richards is running in. The connection in the picture is a complete accident. If Richards had gone for the header and been caught by de Bruyne's boot then it may well have been a red but people on here must be pretty desperate to compare it to Bennett's foul.
    So you're saying the KDB tried to kick Jazz in the head, failed and so kicked him in the leg instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I’m sure he wasn’t intending to kick Richards in the head, so why if he accidentally catches him on the head is it a possible red, but if he crashes back down through his knee it’s not even a yellow? Isn’t it reckless to be swinging your leg in the air like that where you can’t easily control it, regardless of what part of an opponent’s anatomy you ultimately connect with?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I’m sure he wasn’t intending to kick Richards in the head, so why if he accidentally catches him on the head is it a possible red, but if he crashes back down through his knee it’s not even a yellow? Isn’t it reckless to be swinging your leg in the air like that where you can’t easily control it, regardless of what part of an opponent’s anatomy you ultimately connect with?
    That's a fair point, I don't even know what the rule is there. The point I was making was that the picture was put up to give the impression that Man City were 'at it' too but it was a complete accident, de Bruyne was virtually standing still but the picture makes it look like he's come flying in with a knee-high lunge. I'll stick my neck out here and say that Bennett's challenge on Sane wasn't an accident.