+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Isaac Vassell

I reckon he could be ok. Warnock has a habit of resurrecting players careers. Perhaps.......

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I reckon he could be ok. Warnock has a habit of resurrecting players careers. Perhaps.......
    Yep I tend to agree.

If you have a quick read of the Brum message boards you won't see any of them slating him. There's a mix of people saying "we didn't start him so he won't be a loss" and "big mistake - he'll be brilliant for them".

I do think if we persist playing 1 striker then the squad is a bit top heavy but.... we've had one game this season, the window's not closed, we might change our formation to suit our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Yep I tend to agree.

If you have a quick read of the Brum message boards you won't see any of them slating him. There's a mix of people saying "we didn't start him so he won't be a loss" and "big mistake - he'll be brilliant for them".

I do think if we persist playing 1 striker then the squad is a bit top heavy but.... we've had one game this season, the window's not closed, we might change our formation to suit our squad.
    The formation that best suits our current squad is 4-2-4.

Our squad is so unbalanced. At the moment we've got four strikers, four wingers and three attacking midfielders, but only three central midfielders. We're going to be seriously underpowered in the middle of the pitch.

I reckon he could be ok. Warnock has a habit of resurrecting players careers...
    Like who?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Like who?
    In fairness he had a quite a few players play under him at Palace and QPR who never hit the same heights again.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    In fairness he had a quite a few players play under him at Palace and QPR who never hit the same heights again.
    Not really the same as resurrecting careers though, is it? I see this claim made about Warnock quite regularly, but offhand I can’t think of any examples. That’s not to say there aren’t any, but I can’t think of anyone.

Not really the same as resurrecting careers though, is it? I see this claim made about Warnock quite regularly, but offhand I can’t think of any examples. That’s not to say there aren’t any, but I can’t think of anyone.
    Taarabt immediately springs to mind. He scored nearly as many goals in his full season under Warnock than he has in the rest of his career.

Taarabt?
    Shaun Derry?
    Clint Hill?
    Bradley Orr?
    Paddy Kenny?
    Gorkks?

Were any of these any good before or after Warnock managed them?

Saido Berahino is now a free agent after being released by Stoke (who have brought in Scott Hogan on a season loan from Villa, by the way). Getting a tune out of Berahino would surely be one of Warnock's greatest resurrections.