Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fulham are NOT

Re: Fulham are NOT

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    "Undoubtedly the form team"

Last 10

Fulham W7 D3
    Cardiff W8 D2
    In the second half of the season (i.e. after 23 games) I think that nobody has got as many points as Fulham
    They've taken 40 so far, next nearest have 32 I think.
    I still think we will do it, but they have to be one of the best teams to miss out on automatic if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Thinly veiled "I want Fulham not to lose so I can crush my nephew in a prediction game" post imo.
    Lol, not exactly, in fact I would like nothing other than my Fulham prediction to be rammed down my throat by him!

Watch out for that Mitrovic they got on loan from Newcastle. Good player.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How are they a class apart? They're 8 points behind us and 13 behind Wolves. Man City are a class apart and even they don't win every game.
    Since December, I think it's fair to say they have been a class apart destroying both Villa and Wolves on their current unbeaten run. You can also win games in many ways, but the way the play is very pleasing on the eye without doubt they are the best footballing side to visit the CCS the last 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    In the second half of the season (i.e. after 23 games) I think that nobody has got as many points as Fulham
    I still think we will do it, but they have to be one of the best teams to miss out on automatic if they do.
    A season lasts 46 games though, they lost to Sunderland in December. Their own fault for not turning up until half way through the season.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It's 'not in our own hands' because I believe it's more likely that a couple of teams beat Fulham in the next few weeks than us continuing to win all of our games.
    That doesn't make any sense. Of course its in our own hands. How the hell will they overtake us if we get another 13 points - please enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    A season lasts 46 games though, they lost to Sunderland in December. Their own fault for not turning up until half way through the season.
    They also lost to burton albion but that has n9 bearing on what they do from now till the end of the season. They have much easier games than us but they have to win them. Gap could be as little as 2pts after saturday

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I might get Billy the Badge to run me a line of Cardiff / Fulham half and half scarves. I think I could clean up and make a nice little profit with the amount of fawning Fulham fan boys we appear to have in our fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Since December, I think it's fair to say they have been a class apart destroying both Villa and Wolves on their current unbeaten run. You can also win games in many ways, but the way the play is very pleasing on the eye without doubt they are the best footballing side to visit the CCS the last 2 seasons.
    They drew at home to QPR recently after being 2-0 up !!. They are not a class apart - they are 8 points behind us and 13 behind Wolves. Promotion isnt won after December, its over the whole season and they were utter crap for the first two months at least. If they are that good perhaps we should just roll over and let them overtake us in deference to their supreme ability.

Have I stumbled across the Fulham fans forum by mistake ?.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The old adage 'it's in our own hands' doesn't really apply in this scenario, I don't think. Firstly, I think that Fulham look as if they can win a bigger points ratio per game than us - they have marginally 'easier' fixtures, and are, undoubtedly the form team. So it's whether a few of those others can beat Fulham in the next few weeks. 8 games to go is quite a bit, and I do expect this to go right down to the final couple of games.
    It could well be Warnock's experience versus Fulham's fear of another play off, that swings it for us. The only scenario where we clinch it sooner would be us winning the next two, leaving Fulham to do the maths and accepting 'defeat' !
    Only 7 games left

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Looks that way

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    They also lost to burton albion but that has n9 bearing on what they do from now till the end of the season. They have much easier games than us but they have to win them. Gap could be as little as 2pts after saturday
    Much easier? They go away to resurgent Sheffield Wednesday (3 game winning run atm) and Birmingham as well as Millwall who are in incredible form and they host Brentford who can beat anybody

Our next two games are tough but after that there's not much difference in standard of opposition

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Much easier? They go away to resurgent Sheffield Wednesday (3 game winning run atm) and Birmingham as well as Millwall who are in incredible form and they host Brentford who can beat anybody

Our next two games are tough but after that there's not much difference in standard of opposition
    I think we could win our last 5 games as much as fulhaham could win theirs

They drew at home to QPR recently after being 2-0 up !!. They are not a class apart - they are 8 points behind us and 13 behind Wolves. Promotion isnt won after December, its over the whole season and they were utter crap for the first two months at least. If they are that good perhaps we should just roll over and let them overtake us in deference to their supreme ability.
    We've really only been crap for 9 days over XMAS so far this season. Remarkably consistent for the other 211. We're where we are on merit and have just been better overall than other teams whose form has been more patchy. Just need a final push to get over the line now to be deservedly promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

We have 3 of the top 5 to play all away so yes i say again they have easier fixtures!!

That doesn't make any sense. Of course its in our own hands. How the hell will they overtake us if we get another 13 points - please enlighten me.
    Goal difference?

Out of the seven teams we have left to play, we have already beaten six of them and drawn with the other. Out of the seven teams Fulham have to play, they already drew with two and lost to two. Hardly looks the 'much easier' option to me. We should be fully confident in our ability to win our games and they will have doubts.

We have 3 of the top 5 to play all away so yes i say again they have easier fixtures!!
    No we dont

Villa away is a difficult one but I don't see why we couldn't win the other six or 3 wins and 3 draws

There's are easier, but much easier is a stretch

Very much doubt Derby will be in 5th by the time we play them

The average current position of our opposition is 11th, there's is 14th. Not a huge difference and ours is massively skewed by our next two games, take them away and ours is 14th too

No, but this was a thread about Fulham which is why I for one have restricted my replies to the merits of their side only. And I retain my viewpoint that if they hadn't suffered a playoff hangover they would've been champions. Wolves and ourselves have maximised their poor start to the maximum thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    No, but this was a thread about Fulham which is why I for one have restricted my replies to the merits of their side only. And I retain my viewpoint that if they hadn't suffered a playoff hangover they would've been champions. Wolves and ourselves have maximised their poor start to the maximum thus far.
    We are averaging over two points a game which is automatic promotion form over the whole season and has absolutely nothing to do with what Fulham are doing. You are making excuses for Fulhams poor form in the early part of the season but basically they were just not good enough for that period of time. The season lasts 46 games, not 23. They have been playing catch up due to their own inadequacies and will most likely fall short - their fault and no one elses. I could say that City would already be up, if we had won the four games we lost in December but what would be the point of that - we lost, end of.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That's the great thing about stats ain't it.

Over the full.season we have got 8 more points than Fulham and 10 more than villa.

I love stats and riding my bike.

Wouldn't you ****ing love that.