+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Scotland stamps its feet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Scotland stamps its feet

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It is a massive change in circumstances given Scotlands massive vote to remain.
    2,001,926 Scots voted to remain in the UK

1,661,191 Scots voted to remain in the EU

Typing the word massive over and over won't change that.

You don't keep voting until you get your own way, that's not really how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    2,001,926 Scots voted to remain in the UK

1,661,191 Scots voted to remain in the EU

Typing the word massive over and over won't change that.

You don't keep voting until you get your own way, that's not really how it works.
    I typed the word massive twice :S

At least you have finally found something you are passionate about, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be positive.

Quoting absolute numbers is just twisting reality. I could stick my fingers in my ears and say only ~30% of eligible voters in the UK wanted to leave the EU but it wouldn't reflect the result fairly.

Scotland voted to be in a UK that was very likely to remain in the EU. That being said, they would be mad to leave the UK at the moment but it doesn't change the fact that the landscape has changed.

I typed the word massive twice :S

At least you have finally found something you are passionate about, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be positive.

Quoting absolute numbers is just twisting reality. I could stick my fingers in my ears and say only ~30% of eligible voters in the UK wanted to leave the EU but it wouldn't reflect the result fairly.

Scotland voted to be in a UK that was very likely to remain in the EU. That being said, they would be mad to leave the UK at the moment but it doesn't change the fact that the landscape has changed.
    Pointing out the stupidity of your posts doesn't make me "passionate" more compassionate I'd say.

Is it really twisting reality? More people voted to stay in the UK than voted to stay in Europe. The figures are directly comparable.

Pointing out the stupidity of your posts doesn't make me "passionate" more compassionate I'd say.

Is it really twisting reality? More people voted to stay in the UK than voted to stay in Europe. The figures are directly comparable.
    It doesn't take into account obvious bias though (and you know it)

It doesn't take into account obvious bias though (and you know it)
    Trump isn't going to put Clinton in jail, isn't going to exclude foreigners from the US and isn't going to let the Mexicans build a wall around the US.

Should Americans be allowed another vote or should they be expected to understand the ramifications of any vote?

Trump isn't going to put Clinton in jail, isn't going to exclude foreigners from the US and isn't going to let the Mexicans build a wall around the US.

Should Americans be allowed another vote or should they be expected to understand the ramifications of any vote?
    That isn't the point I am making.

You can't compare the two numbers, there are too many areas of bias - whether the government is seen to be for/against, how the 'race' was presented in the polls/news, etc. You can compare margin of victory but I can see why you wouldn't.

That isn't the point I am making.

You can't compare the two numbers, there are too many areas of bias - whether the government is seen to be for/against, how the 'race' was presented in the polls/news, etc. You can compare margin of victory but I can see why you wouldn't.
    The figures used were to put your use of the word "massive" into context. I can fully understand why you would prefer to use percentages though.....