+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cyclist killed in road crash .....why I sold my bike

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cyclist killed in road crash .....why I sold my bike

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Totally agree. Wasn't so long ago that I used to time trial up and down the A470 from Coryton to the first roundabout. Apart from the fact that cyclists are barred from that stretch now, I wouldn't dream of riding that road.

But there is an alternative, mush. I sold my road bike and bought a mountain bike. Now I'm riding off road or on quiet country roads. I also use a mirror attached to the end of my handlebars. Not exactly Tour de France, but now I know exactly what is going on behind me and feel safer as a result.

And with the suspension and big wheels. I feel like a kid again - while still keeping fit, enjoying the fresh air and our beautiful countryside.

I used to cycle the country lanes , full of potholes !

And the final straw for me came when a bloke from a car of boy racers leaned out of the passenger side and pushed me , I lost control and ended up in the ditch , I suffered cuts and bruises and a sore head , if I hadn't been wearing my helmet it could have been curtains

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I used to cycle the country lanes , full of potholes !

And the final straw for me came when a bloke from a car of boy racers leaned out of the passenger side and pushed me , I lost control and ended up in the ditch , I suffered cuts and bruises and a sore head , if I hadn't been wearing my helmet it could have been curtains
    I had exactly that happen to me at Peterston. They had a go and missed and then waited up for a second pass. Found a copper at The Sportsmans Rest and bled all over his notebook. He tracked the bastards down. I got a four figure sum from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Fund. Didn't ride me bike for a year. Now I'm out 2/3 times a week.

Potholes are not a problem on the trails and off-road. And ain't ya tried suspension and big tyres anyway?

Don't be a wuss!

Do we want to read your story about giving up - or a tale of conquering adversity?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Yeah, sorry again about that mate.