+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newport Second In Div 2

Newport Second In Div 2

Nice to see the recovery is still on for a side that fell so low .

They went out of business , reformed as Newport A.F.C, forced to enter the Hellenic Football League.

Climbed up all those leagues .

Just imagine being a fan though that , I do know a few who took that ride .

Re: Newport Second In Div 2

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Nice to see the recovery is still on for a side that fell so low .

They went out of business , reformed as Newport A.F.C, forced to enter the Hellenic Football League.

Climbed up all those leagues .

Just imagine being a fan though that , I do know a few who took that ride .
    I just finished watching the BBC documentary about their resurgence: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...at-wouldnt-die

F’ck em

As it's the international window: it is nice to see them and the Jacks do well, especially as they're both doing it with Welsh managers and, I hate to say it, more Welsh players in the first team than ourselves.

However, every single thread mentioning Newport County starts with the OP happy to see them do well and unravels as different posters argue whether we can wish them well considering Jimmy down the pub, Cewnty fan, says he hates Cardiff. I wonder if this will be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    F’ck em
    This ^

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    This ^
    And again....with bells on

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Fuk em..
    Although i work with an old school newport fan who doesn't mind us but doesn't like scumsea.
    Reckons the jacks often contact newport trying to get them to meet up for a love in

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    As it's the international window: it is nice to see them and the Jacks do well, especially as they're both doing it with Welsh managers and, I hate to say it, more Welsh players in the first team than ourselves.

However, every single thread mentioning Newport County starts with the OP happy to see them do well and unravels as different posters argue whether we can wish them well considering Jimmy down the pub, Cewnty fan, says he hates Cardiff. I wonder if this will be any different?
    edit

I've worked in Newport they hate us more than the gypos
    Horrible kents.

A friend of mine who's seen County play a couple of times this season says he has enjoyed their games more than ours - good luck to them.

This ^
    shut up tarts

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    That’s the spirit guys. That good old fashioned siege mentality. I’d much rather see Swansea or Newport do well, than either of the Bristol clubs.

Got to be honest worked in Newport and they really don't like us. Despite that I still want to see them do well.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    That’s the spirit guys. That good old fashioned siege mentality. I’d much rather see Swansea or Newport do well, than either of the Bristol clubs.
    Good for you.

I don’t want to see any of them do well. **** the lot of them.

Do you think Arsenal want Tottenham to do well because they are North London neighbours?

Or Man City and United willing each other on against other teams from outside their City?

I’m sure Newcastle will be wishing Sunderland get promoted just for the good of North East football too.

Good for you.

I don’t want to see any of them do well. **** the lot of them.

Do you think Arsenal want Tottenham to do well because they are North London neighbours?

Or Man City and United willing each other on against other teams from outside their City?

I’m sure Newcastle will be wishing Sunderland get promoted just for the good of North East football too.
    Good for you.
    I class the likes of Bristol City and Leeds as rivals I like to see fail. Swansea and Newport are small fry neighbours trying to better themselves. Just like us.

You're not seriously trying to compare those rivalries with Cardiff and Newport, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You're not seriously trying to compare those rivalries with Cardiff and Newport, are you?
    With respect you bumbling lemon , that's not the point he is making

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    With respect you bumbling lemon , that's not the point he is making
    He's comparing some of the biggest historical football rivalries in Britain with Cardiff and Newport.

Newport County have finished above Cardiff City in the league pyramid on just five occasions in their entire history! The last time it happened was 1987! Hitler was in power on two of those occasions!

Not exactly the same situation, is it? It's like comparing Manchester City with Bury.

He's comparing some of the biggest historical football rivalries in Britain with Cardiff and Newport.

Newport County have finished above Cardiff City in the league pyramid on just five occasions in their entire history! The last time it happened was 1987! Hitler was in power on two of those occasions!

Not exactly the same situation, is it? It's like comparing Manchester City with Bury.
    The extent of the rivalry is irrelevant , on the whole Newport county fans hate us and most Cardiff fans I know can't stand the snotty little oiks

After Pompey beat us at Wembley their main message board was directing fans to a Portsmouth merchandise website

Can you imagine moggie doing that ?

Rivalry is rivalry , to deny it exists is plain potty

The extent of the rivalry is irrelevant , on the whole Newport county fans hate us and most Cardiff fans I know can't stand the snotty little oiks

After Pompey beat us at Wembley their main message board was directing fans to a Portsmouth merchandise website

The rivalry with Newport is a lot more one-sided (I'd be willing to bet the majority of Cardiff fans don't care or actually quite like them) than the ones mentioned and nowhere near the same size

Do you really class Newport as rivals? To me, they’ve always been like the little brother that wants to tag along with you and your mates.

Ridiculous!! Hitler has never been the City’s chairman!

Told you.

Might be playing them next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Might be playing them next season.
    Good luck policing that one.