+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Abuse accustations against Supreme Court nominee Judge Kavanaugh

Re: Abuse accustations against Supreme Court nominee Judge Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The Judiciary Committee already have a large team of investigators assisting with the case, and they have interviewed every witness under oath. What aren't they doing that the FBI could be doing?
    Interviewing third parties from whom they have merely received statements handed on a plate hitherto. The biggest omission being his alleged accomplice.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Not sure of the fine detail. There are certainly some inconsistencies with some things on her side. However, she still came over as more credible that the pompous, egotistical and untruthful judge. Her case may never be proven but he has shown what he is made of....and beyond reasonable doubt.
    You've just hit the nail on the head, there is a complete lack of evidence to move this case forward. You cannot convict anybody based on emotional feelings alone.

Interviewing third parties from whom they have merely received statements handed on a plate hitherto. The biggest omission being his alleged accomplice.
    Dr Ford's star witness Ms. Leland Keyser confirmed through her attorney that she doesn't even know Kavanaugh, and that she wasn't at the party in question. Where are you going with all of this? Take off the blinkers man!

You've just hit the nail on the head, there is a complete lack of evidence to move this case forward. You cannot convict anybody based on emotional feelings alone.
    Nah, that's not what I said at all.

Dr Ford's star witness Ms. Leland Keyser confirmed through her attorney that she doesn't even know Kavanaugh, and that she wasn't at the party in question. Where are you going with all of this? Take off the blinkers man!
    I have mentioned inconsistencies on her side and there are many on his. You seem to be the one with the blinkers on as you not only misconstrue what I wrote but your views have been totally unilateral so far. My main perspective is that he is dishonest about his past, which should preclude him from taking up the position he seeks.

I have mentioned inconsistencies on her side and there are many on his. You seem to be the one with the blinkers on as you not only misconstrue what I wrote but your views have been totally unilateral so far. My main perspective is that he is dishonest about his past, which should preclude him from taking up the position he seeks.
    Unilateral regarding the points of law. Kavanaugh appears to be a bit of an elitist knob, but if the anti-Trumper Jeff Flake votes for him, it will tell you everything that you need to know.

PS how would you like your career to be destroyed over a bit of banter you enjoyed with friends in high school? The embellished yearbook in question is far from factual, and they used it in their attempts to crucify him.

Unilateral regarding the points of law. Kavanaugh appears to be a bit of an elitist knob, but if the anti-Trumper Jeff Flake votes for him, it will tell you everything that you need to know.

PS how would you like your career to be destroyed over a bit of banter you enjoyed with friends in high school? The embellished yearbook in question is far from factual, and they used it in their attempts to crucify him.
    Let's not personalise this and stick to what is relevant. The guy has repeatedly been dishonest about his youth and rather than take the opportunity to be honest now he has repeatedly lied, obfuscated, re-emphasised his lies in TV interviews and responded to questions with narcissistic rants, idiotic comments and petulant responses. He has painted himself whiter than white and it appears that it's just not true. If I was an American I would be very concerned that someone so dishonest and manipulative could be considered for the post he aspires to.

Let's not personalise this and stick to what is relevant. The guy has repeatedly been dishonest about his youth and rather than take the opportunity to be honest now he has repeatedly lied, obfuscated, re-emphasised his lies in TV interviews and responded to questions with narcissistic rants, idiotic comments and petulant responses. He has painted himself whiter than white and it appears that it's just not true. If I was an American I would be very concerned that someone so dishonest and manipulative could be considered for the post he aspires to.
    If this isn't just all a politically orchestrated plot to gain an advantage during the midterm elections, then there is no statute of limitations in Maryland regarding cases it sexual abuse. Ms. Ford has all the top Clinton lawers working for free, so she can easily progress this case through the law courts. This would be the best way to seek justice by putting him behind bars, not just stopping him from getting a new job.

However, my guess is there will be no value to to democrats after the November elections, and that is without the fact that this case wouldn't stand a chance of succeeding in its current state.

To sum it all up, why go for half justice when full justice is available? It sure as hell doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

If this isn't just all a politically orchestrated plot to gain an advantage during the midterm elections, then there is no statute of limitations in Maryland regarding cases it sexual abuse. Ms. Ford has all the top Clinton lawers working for free, so she can easily progress this case through the law courts. This would be the best way to seek justice by putting him behind bars, not just stopping him from getting a new job.

However, my guess is there will be no value to to democrats after the November elections, and that is without the fact that this case wouldn't stand a chance of succeeding in its current state.

To sum it all up, why go for half justice when full justice is available? It sure as hell doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
    The last couple of days have been about the guy's suitability for a very important post. It's obvious that party politics are hugely involved but his integrity is shot.

The last couple of days have been about the guy's suitability for a very important post. It's obvious that party politics are hugely involved but his integrity is shot.
    So take him out in a Maryland court of law and finish the job! They will also have the benefit of discovery to gain access to evidence that is a lot more incriminating (works both ways though), plus there will be forensic examinations in court to prevent any theatrics.

And don't forget that she not only passed the polygraph
    BTW do you know who paid for the polygraph test? And who were the beach friends that were mentoring her about everything that she should do?

BTW do you know who paid for the polygraph test? And who were the beach friends that were mentoring her about everything that she should do?
    Pray tell, Columbo!

The Judiciary Committee already have a large team of investigators assisting with the case, and they have interviewed every witness under oath. What aren't they doing that the FBI could be doing?
    That's not true though is it. Here is the famous committee's investigation in the words of those "investigators"

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/pre...tt-m-kavanaugh.

If you think that Mark Judge was, interviewed or under oath based on the paragraph of the statement his lawyers entered on his behalf or that this has any equivalence to an FBI investigation then you are more deluded than even your posts suggest.

You are someone who only forms opinions on the basis of first hand evidence for chrissake!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Pray tell, Columbo!
    TBG said that it was obvious that party politics are hugely involved, so I just wondered if he had any idea who was funding all of this, and who were people behind the scenes who were running the show. For example, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee was caught on camera in the video clip above, passing an envelope to the Clinton lawyer who was representing Dr. Ford. BTW I agree with TBG that it's obvious that party politics are hugely involved.

TBG said that it was obvious that party politics are hugely involved, so I just wondered if he had any idea who was funding all of this, and who were people behind the scenes who were running the show. For example, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee was caught on camera in the video clip above, passing an envelope to the Clinton lawyer who was representing Dr. Ford. BTW I agree with TBG that it's obvious that party politics are hugely involved.
    So who paid for the polygraph and who were the beach friends mentoring Ms Ford about everything she should do? Asking for a friend.

That's not true though is it. Here is the famous committee's investigation in the words of those "investigators"

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/pre...tt-m-kavanaugh.

If you think that Mark Judge was, interviewed or under oath based on the paragraph of the statement his lawyers entered on his behalf or that this has any equivalence to an FBI investigation then you are more deluded than even your posts suggest.

You are someone who only forms opinions on the basis of first hand evidence for chrissake!
    The sworn statements were all made under penalty of perjury.

Please don't go off at tangents regarding statements I make regarding the credibility of Kavanaugh. I don't wish to align myself with your views in general.

So who paid for the polygraph and who were the beach friends mentoring Ms Ford about everything she should do? Asking for a friend.
    Yeah, well it sure would be interesting to find that out!

Please don't go off at tangents regarding statements I make regarding the credibility of Kavanaugh. I don't wish to align myself with your views in general.
    I do apologise for being a Corbynite

I do apologise for being a Corbynite.
    You may have noticed (or perhaps not) that I am not aligned to any party either here or elsewhere.

Yeah, well it sure would be interesting to find that out!
    Just chucking unsubstantiated excrement out there as usual then!

I do apologise for being a Corbynite
    Is that the same as Kriptonite 😏

You may have noticed (or perhaps not) that I am not aligned to any party either here or elsewhere.
    Well Corbyn offered me loads of money, so I couldn't refuse!

A new statement has just been released by Debra Katz (pictured above), the attorney who represents Dr Ford. It looks like everything is going according to plan. Just need to drag it all out past the mid-term elections and mission accomplished.