+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ban dogs on sports pitches?

Re: Ban dogs on sports pitches?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I'm not. I have no problem with people playing football on a saturday/sunday morning. I just find it arrogant to think they can dictate how the space be used when they are not using it and therefore suggested they move along to another venue that meets their standards rather than shunting others.

It's expensive ? So is Gol. How much do you want to play football ? Enough for each player to fork out an extra 2 quid a week ? Surely that would pay for the necessary equipment to check and clean a football pitch . Get the players to turn up 5 minutes early to make sure THEIR playing surface is up to standard. I dunno, be prepared to put a little head and leg work in.
    You really are being silly, and arrogant, there is a high risk of children and adults going blind by being in contact with dog faeces, and just because someone goes around removing muck from a playing fields does not mean that the ground is free from bacteria, any dog owner that lets their dog roam on a sports pitch is being irresponsible and selfish with no thought of the health of people using these pitches, so it seems to me you are exactly the same, if you are not just on a windup!

The fat bastards should adopt a dog. That’ll get them out walking.
    Let's hope that they don't fall between two stools.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    You really are being silly, and arrogant, there is a high risk of children and adults going blind by being in contact with dog faeces, and just because someone goes around removing muck from a playing fields does not mean that the ground is free from bacteria, any dog owner that lets their dog roam on a sports pitch is being irresponsible and selfish with no thought of the health of people using these pitches, so it seems to me you are exactly the same, if you are not just on a windup!
    Wooh. How dare you call me silly. You rogue.

You’re being soft butt. Go on, go and google dog shit related blindness and then tell me about the 2 cases in the last 30 years.

Head related injuries from playing football/cricket/rugby are far more common and serious than toxocariasis.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Why stop at eliminating the 11 a side game in Cardiff? I propose we ban all professional football in Britain on the grounds that it consumes too much electricity. Global warming should take precedence over people running around chasing a ball. Also ban TV's for the same reason. If we're going to be stupid we might as well be really stupid
    At least we wouldn't have to watch city lose every week. Could get on board with that.

You need to read back for context.

The areas they are proposing the bans are parkland.....which double as sports fields periodically.
    They may be used periodically but they don't double as sport fields periodically.

Wooh. How dare you call me silly. You rogue.

You’re being soft butt. Go on, go and google dog shit related blindness and then tell me about the 2 cases in the last 30 years.

Head related injuries from playing football/cricket/rugby are far more common and serious than toxocariasis.
    You did well there by making allowances for Igovernor. He's at the homemade horseradish wine most evenings and is befuddled by half-eight to 9pm. When the News at Ten adverts come on he's out the front loudly offering to fight any neighbours who care to take him on. None ever do, they just turn the volume up on their TVs.

Actually I do not drink, but you really are an idiot who is probably pissed by 09.00,

and for Divine wright

It's hard to determine exactly how many cases occur every year, as the condition is often misdiagnosed or undiagnosed. Many people are likely to have been exposed to the parasites without knowing it.
    In general, toxocariasis is more common in children and young adults

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Actually I do not drink, but you really are an idiot who is probably pissed by 09.00,

and for Divine wright

It's hard to determine exactly how many cases occur every year, as the condition is often misdiagnosed or undiagnosed. Many people are likely to have been exposed to the parasites without knowing it.
    In general, toxocariasis is more common in children and young adults
    I just felt you were being sensational.

The reality is that toxocariasis related blindness is very rare.

I mean if you are basing the whole premise of banning dogs on that, I think it's a bit light and overzealous.

BTW, how would you police the banning of dogs in Llandaff fields ? If there is going to be a warden there all day making sure no dogs set foot on the pitches, couldn't that same person be employed to fine (shit) litterers and let the majority of responsible dog owners enjoy their walk and not be penalised for the dullards who don't respect the rules ?

Perhaps it would be possible to erect some sort of fencing just around the pitches, then the dogs would be free to to their business everywhere except on the pitches, maybe it is not practical to fence off. Something needs to be done, but that is why we pay taxes, for someone in authority to make those decisions.
    As for the policing part I do not agree with banning dogs from open fields (as long as people pick up their mess) just a ban on the pitches

Common sense prevails

Even if you clean up all the does mess theres residue left behind.
    I ****ing hate dogs on sports field.
    People who walk them on sports fields are morons
    What about worms etc.
    Like the guy said his friend lost a leg.
    What if a kid gets a worm in a eye.
    For **** sake walk them somewhere esle

Mis-information wins out. At no point does the PSPO state dogs will be banned from parks which is what the petition claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Mis-information wins out. At no point does the PSPO state dogs will be banned from parks which is what the petition claimed.

This ^

Ah well, at least the protesters are happy. They can continue to let their dog shit on any sports pitch in Cardiff. They must be over the moon.