+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tomlin (Merged)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Lee Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    There's a big difference between being fit and match fit. Unfortunately some people have underlying issues that causes them to carry a bit more weight and like I said before if he had everything you're expecting him to have he wouldn't be playing for us
    Yes they have underlying issues. Like over-****ing-eating.

Now, every club he's been at he's had weight issues and attitude issues. Call me naive but you'd expect a 28 year old professional sportsman to have addressed those issues by now.

Zohore played last night after returning from injury - looked way more match fit than Tomlin ever has. He's no excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

Now, every club he's been at he's had weight issues and attitude issues. Call me naive but you'd expect a 28 year old professional sportsman to have addressed those issues by now.

Zohore played last night after returning from injury - looked way more match fit than Tomlin ever has. He's no excuses.
    But Kenneth hasn’t been doing community service though, that’s why he looked fitter than Tomlin.

How do you know its his eating? Your just assuming there's an attitude problem (It could be but it's not a fact)

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    How do you know its his eating? Your just assuming there's an attitude problem (It could be but it's not a fact)
    Well Warnock did mention the other day with regards to his fitness that it was everything, including watching what he eats.

Boro, Bournemouth, Wurzels all got rid of him within two seasons. Given he's pretty damn talented, it beggars belief each of those got rid so quick without there being an issue on the players side...

he's got an overactive fork.
    silly expression watching whatvyou eat.. i watch what i eat every evening. sausages, chinese etc. unless your stevie wonder what do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    he's got an overactive fork.
    silly expression watching whatvyou eat.. i watch what i eat every evening. sausages, chinese etc. unless your stevie wonder what do you do?
    Close one eye and you lose half of the food in an instant, thus on a diet. I think.

Well Warnock did mention the other day with regards to his fitness that it was everything, including watching what he eats.

Boro, Bournemouth, Wurzels all got rid of him within two seasons. Given he's pretty damn talented, it beggars belief each of those got rid so quick without there being an issue on the players side...
    Including Boro in there's a bit unfair, he'd played 42 league games the previous season a club in a higher league came in with a big bid, hardly "got rid of". Signed by a Premier League team, unfortunately couldn't cut it loaned out and then sold to a side in a lower division for roughly the same as what they bought him for is hardly a new phenomenon. In fact the only example you've provided which fits the "got rid of" mould is Bristol and he still played 38 games for them least season and the fans were gutted when he left

Bournemouth are a Premier League team. Why would they want Tomlin?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Bournemouth are a Premier League team. Why would they want Tomlin?
    Reading the Bournemouth forum I linked to is illuminating.

Made some silly tweets, mouthed off about Eddie Howe to someone he thought was a player - straight out the door.

Reading the Bournemouth forum I linked to is illuminating.

Made some silly tweets, mouthed off about Eddie Howe to someone he thought was a player - straight out the door.
    Just like this messageboard most of the stuff on the Bristol and Bournemouth boards is speculative.

I'm getting sick of it now. If NW doesn't like him, we'll soon find out.

What Dembe wants Dembe gets seems to be the message.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Just like this messageboard most of the stuff on the Bristol and Bournemouth boards is speculative.

I'm getting sick of it now. If NW doesn't like him, we'll soon find out.
    The tweets were made though, hardly "speculative".
    Direct quote of Eddie Howe to local media that it was being dealt with, in-house. Hardly "speculative".
    Tomlin off yto Wurzels soon after, hardly "speculative".