+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff to pay 5.3 Million for Sala

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff to pay 5.3 Million for Sala

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I understand why you see it that way and there is a financial logic to it, it's just after all the "once a bluebird, always a bluebird" and posing with the shirt etc it's pretty gross to see two clubs arguing the smallprint of a "commodity" and I wish we'd paid the fee that we were committed to paying. Or even better paid most and of it and donated a part of it to his family.
    As harsh as this sounds it’s business, and at the end of the day if he wasn’t our player then we shouldn’t pay. Harsh but true.

I’m sure his family will get money.

Why do you wish we’d paid it? So we don’t look bad? Not often anyone leaves these situations looking good, both sides had valid arguments. It is what it is.

Re: Cardiff to pay 5.3 Million for Sala

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    As harsh as this sounds it’s business, and at the end of the day if he wasn’t our player then we shouldn’t pay. Harsh but true.

I’m sure his family will get money.

Why do you wish we’d paid it? So we don’t look bad? Not often anyone leaves these situations looking good, both sides had valid arguments. It is what it is.
    I wish we'd paid it because of these

s2.jpeg

s.jpg

He was our player. If what happened hadn't happened any registration issues or paperwork issues would have been ironed out without any of us knowing and he would have played a week later. Saying "yeah but TECHNICALLY he wasn't wasn't ours" once he died is a bit tasteless in my opinion.

I understand the financial reasons and that the club would have been led by the insurers and that 10 million is 10 million but personally I don't like it. It's something about the club that I'm not proud of and that's not going to change.