+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Speeding fine conundrum ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Speeding fine conundrum ?

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    I am very relieved but at the end of the day even though I didn"t commit the offences I think that it is more luck than anything else that the Police have decided to cancel the prosecution.
    I have read about cases where the accused has had much more & stronger evidence than me that they were innocent & they have still lost their cases.
    Really pleased you had the correct result. I have been wondering whether to buy a dashcam, your dilemma has convinced me to go and get one tomorrow.
    Last edited by Mad as a fish; 18-05-17 at 19:03. Reason: Typo

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    Really pleased you had the correct result. I have been wondering whether to buy a dashcam, your dilemma has convinced me to go and get one tomorrow.
    How will a dash cam help in a situation like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Richy because with a decent one you can prove your GPS co ordinates as well as having an automatic timestamp so no more proof would be needed I imagine.

Richy because with a decent one you can prove your GPS co ordinates as well as having an automatic timestamp so no more proof would be needed I imagine.
    There would be a problem if your car wasn't used at all during the offence time I admit but it would certainly be a help if you were out and about at the time.

There would be a problem if your car wasn't used at all during the offence time I admit but it would certainly be a help if you were out and about at the time.

How could you prove you hadn't just put the dash cam in a different car?

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Point it at the speedometer?

The Bristol speeding prosecution has now also been cancelled
    I am now just waiting for the DVLA to issue me with a new V5 with a new registration number then I can get new plates made up & any future offences committed on my old registration number will have nothing to do with me .

I am now just waiting for the DVLA to issue me with a new V5 with a new registration number then I can get new plates made up & any future offences committed on my old registration number will have nothing to do with me .

Well done. Persistence did pay off in this case. Pleased you got the right result.

Great news , I am glad justice has prevailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Great news , I am glad justice has prevailed.
    Thanks for your advice JJ as without it I wouldn"t have joined Pepipoo & theyare the ones who gave me the advice I needed