+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Zohore value

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Zohore value

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don't think any of them have said that a bid of £25 million for Zohore would be turned down no matter who it came from have they? What I've read is people in charge at Cardiff saying Zohore is not for sale unless someone comes in with "silly money" - many would say that £25 million for a player who has been in very good form for just nine months is silly money.
    I am not saying they wouldnt sell him at all for £25m - just that they wouldnt sell him to Hull for that figure. What they did say was that they would only sell him for silly money if a top ten Premier League team came in for him and that definately isnt Hull or Brighton.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I am not saying they wouldnt sell him at all for £25m - just that they wouldnt sell him to Hull for that figure. What they did say was that they would only sell him for silly money if a top ten Premier League team came in for him and that definately isnt Hull or Brighton.
    They would

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    They would
    So using your (and others) argument, if Port Vale or Newport County got new rich owners and came in and offered £20m+, City would accept it and Zohore would sign would he and that would benefit his career and Citys promotion prospects ?. Dont be daft. Tan doesnt need the money at the moment and all the signs are that we are giving it a go this season, so selling him would be totally counter productive. If a top Premier club came in then obviously, to be fair to the player, he would have to be allowed to speak to them and Warnock has indicated as much but also that otherwise they wont sell and I believe him. You and others obviously dont, which is a strange attitude to take, bearing in mind he has kept his word on everything else so far.

Heisenberg

So using your (and others) argument, if Port Vale or Newport County got new rich owners and came in and offered £20m+, City would accept it and Zohore would sign would he
    Nobody has said that Zohore would accept a deal - only that City would find it very hard to turn down a ridiculous offer (which £20m is bordering on).

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Nobody has said that Zohore would accept a deal - only that City would find it very hard to turn down a ridiculous offer (which £20m is bordering on).
    Very hard but not impossible. The decision would be Tans and everything he has done recently indicates that he wont sell this season at least. There are a lot of people arguing on here that if Hull or Brighton offered £20m, Zohore would be gone but my point has always been that a). zohore wouldnt want to sign for either of those clubs b). City certainly wouldnt sell to Hull, one of their main rivals for promotion and would be very unlikely to sell to Brighton as the liklihood is they will be coming straight back down and much better figures would be available at the end of the season, whatever happens. I have no doubt that, if we dont go up this season, Zohore would then be sold but at a better figure than now as he will have a full seasons experience under his belt and hopefully plenty of goals.

Very hard but not impossible. The decision would be Tans and everything he has done recently indicates that he wont sell this season at least. There are a lot of people arguing on here that if Hull or Brighton offered £20m, Zohore would be gone but my point has always been that a). zohore wouldnt want to sign for either of those clubs b). City certainly wouldnt sell to Hull, one of their main rivals for promotion and would be very unlikely to sell to Brighton as the liklihood is they will be coming straight back down and much better figures would be available at the end of the season, whatever happens. I have no doubt that, if we dont go up this season, Zohore would then be sold but at a better figure than now as he will have a full seasons experience under his belt and hopefully plenty of goals.
    You seem to know everything. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    You seem to know everything. Well done.
    Where in my posts on this subject does it say that I know everything ?. These are my opinions based on the facts of whats happening as opposed to the hysterical speculation that has been going on for weeks. Why dont you contribute something on the subject instead of making snide remarks.

So using your (and others) argument, if Port Vale or Newport County got new rich owners and came in and offered £20m+, City would accept it and Zohore would sign would he and that would benefit his career and Citys promotion prospects ?. Dont be daft. Tan doesnt need the money at the moment and all the signs are that we are giving it a go this season, so selling him would be totally counter productive. If a top Premier club came in then obviously, to be fair to the player, he would have to be allowed to speak to them and Warnock has indicated as much but also that otherwise they wont sell and I believe him. You and others obviously dont, which is a strange attitude to take, bearing in mind he has kept his word on everything else so far.
    Naive.

Further down you've posted again which I need to repudiate your claims.

At £25m, the club would sell to whoever made that bid, regardless of whether it was championship.

If it was Hull who did get a bid accepted, Zohore would go on a much higher wage and probably a release clause if a Premier club went in for him.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Naive.

Further down you've posted again which I need to repudiate your claims.

At £25m, the club would sell to whoever made that bid, regardless of whether it was championship.

If it was Hull who did get a bid accepted, Zohore would go on a much higher wage and probably a release clause if a Premier club went in for him.
    How do you actually know the club would sell. Have you spoken to Tan, Dalman or Warnock recently. You are also totally ignoring what everyone at the club has said, including Zohore who has said he doesnt want to leave. Warnock and Dalman have both categorically stated that he would not be sold to Hull or Brighton at any price. You obviously know better than these people who run the club. Me being nieve ? - you must be joking. You are not repudiating my claims either - you are just setting out your own views. Repudiation requires concrete evidence not speculation.