Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
No smoke no fire :
Just Google police investigation into anti semitism.

Number of cases of anti semitism labour party

Google good Labour MP 's views who accept it's an issue ,like , John McDonnell, Tom Watson ,Jess Phillip's, Sadiq Khan, Ian Austin, there are countless quotes, not just media spin .

You can judge this n a number of ways :

It was always there but suppressed.

It has gained traction from its new membership.

The current party has been highjacked .

Or It's a right wing conspiracy and all these incidents ,investigations ,resignations, actual labour MP quotes , admitting the problem exists are all lying .

Or it's a chip on the old political shoulder where folk would rather be in denial, than admit there is an actual issue, within the party . A party that I and many others have supported the party for decades, fighting the Tories policies.

Or is Labour wants to be damaged beyond repair, to finally
remove those MP's or people they dislike who have a different view,
that differs from others , are we seeing the death if the so called "inclusive broad church political party " .

I hope not as it's very upsetting, this could result in some Labour voters being lost by sitting on thier hands and good meaning doners ,celebrities, other than unions also leaving.

The other option to perhaps consider is Anti Semetism a convenient , side issue that deflects from discussing real issues and other disputes , as there aren't many voters to be had amongst the Jewish population, so why deal with it , would really attacking the issue cost votes ? as we see a society that has anti semetism embeded in it, its seen from dreadful trolling , grave damaged , jail sentences, even in these time .

Very sad indeed.
I just did this but it doesn't bring any identifiable cases just an article about the met opening an investigation. Has anyone been prosecuted as a result of this investigation? Should you be banned from a political party for saying something offensive that isn't illegal, how far do we take this?

I don't like to base what I think on quotes by other people, I like to look at what has happened. A number of people who associate themselves with the Labour party have said bad things on twitter - that much is provable. If political parties gain a taste for banning everyone who says something offensive online then none of them will have any members left. In addition to this I can well believe that certain local Labour party meetings are unbalanced in their fixation on Israel (I have heard this first hand) and that this would make it is a pretty uncomfortable place for a Jewish person to put forward their views. Having said that, the chair of Momentum is Jewish and seems to find that organisation a pretty decent place to put forward his views.