+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swansea in the running for City of Culture

Re: Swansea in the running for City of Culture

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Less than chuffed to have had a message deleted in this thread. Time to discover pastures new.
    It is becoming a bit 1984 around here. Such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The leader of the bid was hanging on about how Cardiff got everything

This is before the result was announced !!

And that dreadful Mal pope

Well done the other ccfc
    When I was working over at Yate, and being away early in the morning, I was listening to Mal Pope each day, I thought
    he was a very good Radio Geezer, enjoyed his show.

Yate. The place with the most people with the least culture. Conceived in Spirals nightclub toilets Unlike the toffs up the road in chipping sodbury who were conceived in The Squire Pub toilets after the mop annual high street fair.

Top nosh in the Squire the sods certainly thought they were up market to the Yaties

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Top nosh in the Squire the sods certainly thought they were up market to the Yaties
    It should come as no surprise that I fell asleep in that little courtyard where you can smoke fags and was asked to leave. Had paid at the bar for my steak pie n chips so didn't get a free meal. Gutted.

Swansea should take is a compliment that the judges actually deemed that Coventry was more needy than they are.

The whole competition seems desperate to me.

Swansea may we'll have lost as they were planning a Bonnie Tyler concert on the beach if they won.

I kid ye not

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Swansea should take is a compliment that the judges actually deemed that Coventry was more needy than they are.

The whole competition seems desperate to me.

Swansea may we'll have lost as they were planning a Bonnie Tyler concert on the beach if they won.

I kid ye not
    It's a heartache nqat!

Nearly got 8 balled by a wurzell in pool at Spirals. Told him unless he pulled his jeans up and behaved I weren't playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    It's Coventry!

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    It is becoming a bit 1984 around here. Such a shame.
    From what i have seen on rare trips to swansea it's still 1984 down there. Scruffy backward feckers

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    When I was working over at Yate, and being away early in the morning, I was listening to Mal Pope each day, I thought
    he was a very good Radio Geezer, enjoyed his show.
    It's shocking

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

I kid ye not
    I saw the promo clip where Bonnie Tyler was trying to convince the judges that Swansea was full of creativity... A woman that sang Total Eclipse Of The Heart on a cruise ship during a solar eclipse this year!!

She wouldn’t know creativity if it punched her in the face (which, obviously I hope it does).

What a shambles Swansea is!

John Hartson on the radio earlier saying that Richard Burton. Anthony Hopkins n Michael Sheen were from there. Though they were Port Tablet. If he's pulling that one then he has to own up to Keith Allen as well. Same Rules.

Re: Never thought l would ever say this but

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Good to know about the redevelopment.
    All joking and jibes about the place aside, I was genuinely shocked when I had reason to visit a few months ago.
    So run down and so widespread the decay.
    I was in Swansea recently for a debating competition and I couldn't believe how run down it was

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    John Hartson on the radio earlier saying that Richard Burton. Anthony Hopkins n Michael Sheen were from there. Though they were Port Tablet. If he's pulling that one then he has to own up to Keith Allen as well. Same Rules.
    Richard Burton and Anthony Hopkins are from Port Talbot, Sheen was born in Newport but moved there.

If they're claiming that lot do we get to claim the Manics, Aneurin Bevan, Tom Jones and Tommy Cooper? Where do we draw the line?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Richard Burton and Anthony Hopkins are from Port Talbot, Sheen was born in Newport but moved there.

If they're claiming that lot do we get to claim the Manics, Aneurin Bevan, Tom Jones and Tommy Cooper? Where do we draw the line?
    They can keep Michael Sheen if we can have Tommy Cooper.

Max Boyce?

I have just had a Yogurt with more culture in it than Swansea.

If they're claiming that lot do we get to claim the Manics, Aneurin Bevan, Tom Jones and Tommy Cooper? Where do we draw the line ?
    Sarn Services?