+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I did read somewhere the other day that when workers are getting laid off after the furlough money stops that the unions will not stand for people who have been on furlough being laid off before those that worked through the crisis.
    I know your thoughts on it from what you posted on here.
    Any other time I wouldn’t mind being made redundant tbh I’m looking to get out of a dying industry but obviously not ideal time for a career change. However, there’s no way I’ll get redundancy, I’ve already been asked off record for my opinion on who I think should be left go and was difficult to answer as there’s a lot of dead wood and shirkers in the office. The 4 “workers” are still working and probably one other is unlucky to be on furlough but the other 7 you could make a case for all of them to go. Plus, It will cost them too much to make me redundant anyway. Sadly, I think decisions are going to be made on how little it costs the business rather than their skill.

Banned

Re: Who do Leeds and indeed the rest of football think they are ?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Any other time I wouldn’t mind being made redundant tbh I’m looking to get out of a dying industry but obviously not ideal time for a career change. However, there’s no way I’ll get redundancy, I’ve already been asked off record for my opinion on who I think should be left go and was difficult to answer as there’s a lot of dead wood and shirkers in the office. The 4 “workers” are still working and probably one other is unlucky to be on furlough but the other 7 you could make a case for all of them to go. Plus, It will cost them too much to make me redundant anyway. Sadly, I think decisions are going to be made on how little it costs the business rather than their skill.
    Three of my neighbours are on furlough - that is 3 in one house.

One is at a builder's merchants. He has refused to go to work, even though his workplace is now open.
    His wife is self-employed, so that is pretty much that.
    The son works at a factory, but in the office. He refused to work from home so was furloughed.

I am wfh - he knocks my door complaining because the gazebo we have up was blowing around in the wind. Conversation that happened over a safe distance - "You need to take that down" - "I'll do it later" - "It'll get damaged in the wind" - "I can't do it now" - "I'll help" - "Thanks, but it will not be possible to socially distance when doing it. I'll do it after I finish work" - "They won't know will they?" - "Probably not, but I'm getting paid to work for them, not on my garden" - "When do you finish then?" - "If the last week is anything to go by, 8-9 pm".

This on top of a few other comments about how my house could do with a repaint, or the driveway has weeds "Plenty of time to fix that now" type comments.

It's basically been visitor after visitor going to their house, barbecues in the back garden, a fully paid holiday. I agree with furlough, but some people are definitely taking the piss.

Like you say, though, when redundancies happen (as they will at my place) - they will do it the cheapest way possible.