+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Zohore.....again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Zohore.....again

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    If taking the discussion in that direction, I believe we need to be much more compact. The 4-4-1-1 is leaving us disjointed. We can keep it together in short spells, but it opens us up, and drain the players to fatigue. Going forward we can’t get enough players up there, and when we do, we have no chance going back fast enough.
    Although I dislike the formation, I believe a 4-5-1 turning 4-3-3 going forward is the way to go with this squad. If that means wingers or wide midfielders is the same, but three of them will need to brake fast.

My point on a lot of players out of position is that it’s very difficult finding a good rhythm of play.
    4 4 1 1 is basically 4 5 1 just with an advanced midfielder, and it isn't working, I don't think anything will work with the players we have. There's a severe lack of pace and thinking in the midfield apart from camarasa who does try and get on the ball. We are so flat at time is unreal. Ralls is way off, and Arter is just wasting energy and getting angry, it needs to be a bit more sophisticated than that. The problem-in my opinion-is that we set up not to lose, that's fine if there's an outlet, or a couple of players with the individual ability to win a game and a defence that can defend, we haven't got any of that at the moment. I reckon that we should press high and go all out to win at home, get higher up the pitch and support the front man, if it means leaving gaps then so be it, we need a win, and our current style and tactics wont allow it. Warnock needs to be braver and allow the midfield to press higher and for the defence to play a higher line. We may get smashed by the better sides, but have more of a chance against teams from the bottom half. Things need to change, we don't look like winning under the current format.

Re: Zohore.....again

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    4 4 1 1 is basically 4 5 1 just with an advanced midfielder, and it isn't working, I don't think anything will work with the players we have. There's a severe lack of pace and thinking in the midfield apart from camarasa who does try and get on the ball. We are so flat at time is unreal. Ralls is way off, and Arter is just wasting energy and getting angry, it needs to be a bit more sophisticated than that. The problem-in my opinion-is that we set up not to lose, that's fine if there's an outlet, or a couple of players with the individual ability to win a game and a defence that can defend, we haven't got any of that at the moment. I reckon that we should press high and go all out to win at home, get higher up the pitch and support the front man, if it means leaving gaps then so be it, we need a win, and our current style and tactics wont allow it. Warnock needs to be braver and allow the midfield to press higher and for the defence to play a higher line. We may get smashed by the better sides, but have more of a chance against teams from the bottom half. Things need to change, we don't look like winning under the current format.
    It seems to make sense. Our best pressing performance was against Arsenal who wanted to play everything from the back.
    The one downside of the "defense taking a higher line" is that players like Morrison and Manga are extremely slow and decent premiership forwards can lose them over 5-10 yards.