+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: More sordid details & more fingers in the pie :(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: More sordid details & more fingers in the pie :(

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Probably, although we don't know what Sala wanted to do, we don't know if that flight in that plane should not have happened, we don't know if flying in that plane in the conditions it flew in is standard, we don't know if Sala wanted to make his own arrangements because he's a big boy, we don't really know if either club offered alternative travel arrangements-We've had snippets and from what I've seen it does seem very odd but the reality is that we don't really know anything. I know that people are going to speculate, that's standard and some of it is wholly justified, but some of it is the equivalent to two nosey neighbours gossiping over the garden fence.
    Do you think message boards should be banned, since they mostly consist of opinion, speculation and gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Do you think message boards should be banned, since they mostly consist of opinion, speculation and gossip.
    That's a bit of a leap, isn't it? The odd thing is that people are all of a sudden trusting the Daily Mail as a credible source of information. If the same publication put out an article tomorrow swaying that Warnock was leaving for another club at the end of the season most on here would be saying that it's bollocks-No evidence etc-Maybe if the story suits the persons opinions then it gets through the check list. Nothing wrong with speculation, i just believe that you have to be careful with it. From where i'm sitting it seems that some people are enjoying this a bit to much.

That's a bit of a leap, isn't it? The odd thing is that people are all of a sudden trusting the Daily Mail as a credible source of information. If the same publication put out an article tomorrow swaying that Warnock was leaving for another club at the end of the season most on here would be saying that it's bollocks-No evidence etc-Maybe if the story suits the persons opinions then it gets through the check list. Nothing wrong with speculation, i just believe that you have to be careful with it. From where i'm sitting it seems that some people are enjoying this a bit to much.
    There have been many sources of information, even from some of those who were near to the event. I personally think we already have the "big picture" regarding what happened, and hopefully an ordered version will appear that will drill down into the specifics. I don't think anybody is enjoying it all. People are just trying to understand why such a senseless tradegy occured. If any wrongdoing is discovered, I hope steps will be taken to ensure that a similar event never happens again.

Really ? I can only speak for myself, but this tragedy and the natural speculation that follows, has been as far from enjoyable as can be imagined - and I'm guessing most others on here. Oh, and re. your earlier post in the thread, yes, that plane should not have been flying in those conditions..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Really ? I can only speak for myself, but this tragedy and the natural speculation that follows, has been as far from enjoyable as can be imagined - and I'm guessing most others on here. Oh, and re. your earlier post in the thread, yes, that plane should not have been flying in those conditions..
    The truth is that we don't know what happened, we may have an idea based on some of the information at hand but the reality is that a number of things could've happened and entering our own conclusions is simply guess work. In my opinion i'd say that it would be much more respectful towards the people who really have been affected by this awful event not to speculate, especially if the source is a toe rag publication that's main purpose is to shit stir and offer no solution or balance. I do think that some people get a macabre form of satisfaction over the speculation and 'who Dunnit' attitude that emanates from certain quarters of the press and 'informed' experts on the internet, it kind of gives them what they want to believe and enforces their views, when the reality is that we just don't know.

The truth is that we don't know what happened, we may have an idea based on some of the information at hand but the reality is that a number of things could've happened and entering our own conclusions is simply guess work. In my opinion i'd say that it would be much more respectful towards the people who really have been affected by this awful event not to speculate, especially if the source is a toe rag publication that's main purpose is to shit stir and offer no solution or balance. I do think that some people get a macabre form of satisfaction over the speculation and 'who Dunnit' attitude that emanates from certain quarters of the press and 'informed' experts on the internet, it kind of gives them what they want to believe and enforces their views, when the reality is that we just don't know.
    I acknowledge what you're getting at but the whole tragedy will bring into focus the shady business practices of football. It'll hopefully be the only good thing to come out of the whole tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I acknowledge what you're getting at but the whole tragedy will bring into focus the shady business practices of football. It'll hopefully be the only good thing to come out of the whole tragedy.
    No problem with that.

We are bombarded with information every day from multiple sources regarding every topic imaginable. In the digital age, you have to learn how to order it, and make sense of it, otherwise you will be an easy victim for the propagandists. The fact is every provider of information is pushing a mixture of truth, ommision, and lies, depending on the topic at hand, and any agenda associated with it.