+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Daily Mail's Martin Samuel does a hatchet job on City.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Daily Mail's Martin Samuel does a hatchet job on City.

Quote Originally Posted by not telling View Post
    ...........................The directors of the club have a fiduciary duty to act in the best interests of the club. If I were a director of the club, I would want to know absolutely everything about the transfer, who gets what, whether there is an obligation to pay and whether any party has the opportunity to mitigate their losses, so I know exactly what I am obliged to pay when I ask the insurers to cough up.

I agree with that except some people might argue they should have known everything about the transfer prior to the flight. Now we are where we are the directors have no option but to make every attempt to mitigate the loss.

Re: Daily Mail's Martin Samuel does a hatchet job on City.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I agree with that except some people might argue they should have known everything about the transfer prior to the flight. Now we are where we are the directors have no option but to make every attempt to mitigate the loss.
    Before the event, the questions are:
    How much am I paying and what am I getting?
    What are the terms and how does this affect the cash flow?
    Is any of this cash going anywhere the could turn out to be embarrassing?
    Have we complied with all relevant legislation - money laundering, Bribery Act?

The detail goes up a notch when you are asking the insurers to foot the bill.