+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Corbyn still doesn't get it, but Jess Phillips does.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Corbyn still doesn't get it, but Jess Phillips does.

Jess Phillips is not liked as she is not very political , was one of first Labour MP to call out the misogyny and anti semitism that exists, and way back reognised the electoral liabilty of Corbyn, which seems to have come to frusion.

Re: Corbyn still doesn't get it, but Jess Phillips does.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Jess Phillips is not liked as she is not very political , was one of first Labour MP to call out the misogyny and anti semitism that exists, and way back reognised the electoral liabilty of Corbyn, which seems to have come to frusion.
    I bet there are some reading what I said in this thread thinking "he's a Tory", let me assure them that nothing could be further from the truth. My biggest motivation on Thursday, by a long distance, was to use my vote to try to prevent a majority Conservative Government - I eventually decided that, in my constituency, Labour represented the best chance of doing so, but would have voted for any party that I thought presented the best opportunity of keeping a Conservative out if I had lived elsewhere.

I see the Conservative party as the main enemy and have always done so, but, for much of my life, I've often wondered if that was the case for some who favour the party I've always cast my vote for in General Elections when I felt they really needed it. Yes, the Tory's are an enemy to them, but I'm not convinced they are the main one - that would be the "enemy within".

To illustrate what I mean, there's a video of Nicola Sturgeon celebrating Jo Swinson's defeat doing the rounds which has caused her some minor embarrassment. For myself, I think it was a natural reaction and have no problem with it, but I would certainly do if you replaced Ms Sturgeon with a Labour activist/representative and Ms Swinson with, say, Jess Phillips. Sadly, I do not think that such a scenario is beyond the bounds of possibility - in fact, I feel it would happen thousands of times over.

Labour has no chance while there's a possibility that such a thing will happen - history, and common sense, proves it.