+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: BOLTON 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: BOLTON 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Today was poor. The Tomlin Incident will rumble. The banana skin did its' thing. Everyone feels angry, depressed or deflated.

But....

We are at the half way point of the season, in 2nd place (3 points clear of 3rd) with more than 2 points a game, with injured players coming back and a commitment from the club and manager to strengthen in the January window.

Glass three quarters full or one quarter empty?
    Agree we can't get to down if this was offered at the start of the season we'd all snap the hand off but my concern is why are we struggling against shit sides? NW needs to change tactics a bit when playing these teams halford was a waste of a place today Ralls and damour could've covered midfield and someone playing in the 10 position

Re: FT: BOLTON 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Agree we can't get to down if this was offered at the start of the season we'd all snap the hand off but my concern is why are we struggling against shit sides? NW needs to change tactics a bit when playing these teams halford was a waste of a place today Ralls and damour could've covered midfield and someone playing in the 10 position
    Not true that we only struggle against shit sides. Birmingham, Bolton and Brizzle City are fair enough, but Preston are decent!

The Halford selection is interesting. I don't know if it really represents a negative approach from NW in away games or if something else is going on - maybe playing a DM like him gives Junior and NML more licence to get forward and stay forward (even if that didn't work today). Maybe it is part of the Tomlingate story too.

I wasn't at the game so had to rely on internet commentary, but it sounded as if Halford was one of our better players today, and on **** he is leading the MOM poll (most comments with the votes from people who were at the ground)