+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blake - Talking Sense

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Blake - Talking Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's a good question. I don't think that we have to completely change the way we play in order to gain some sustained success, although that will happen when Warnock goes (which was the original point of the thread) I suppose what's needed to stand out as succeed is a decent recruitment policy and a youth system that can produce a player with ability and value every couple of years or so, the margins are probably quite small. What i do believe is that if we continue to employ the style of play we've witnessed from this team over the past 18 months or so then we will go backwards and somebody is going to have undo it all and start again, unless the club can fuse together what Warnock brings with a lot more belief in keeping the ball at the right times and an ability to play, give players options and support the front man when he's on the ball. I'm not a football purist, i don't mind us playing a bit of long ball, hitting channels etc but we must be able to compose ourselves when we need to and possess the ability to keep the ball for sustained periods, although i can't see that happening under Warnock.
    Why do you assume that a change of style will bring success when it has only brought us failure in the past.

Not just Trollope, but Jones with all the stars we had ?

And also assuming Warnock doesn’t want to play more ‘football’ could it just be that he’s adapted his tactics to suit the players he’s got ?

It’s worked too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Why do you assume that a change of style will bring success when it has only brought us failure in the past.

And also assuming Warnock doesn’t want to play more ‘football’ could it just be that he’s adapted his tactics to suit the players he’s got ?

It’s worked too.
    Do you think that whacking the ball up to nobody is a good tactic? You must've witnessed the countless occasions when we put needless pressure upon ourselves because our midfield didn't have any options so were forced to lump the ball back to the opposition and allow them to come straight back at us. Some of the things Warnock implements is plainly wrong, if it wasn't then we'd witness loads of other teams following suit by giving the ball back to the opposition at the earliest opportunity because there must be something to it. I don't believe he's adapted his tactics to suit the players limitations, rather his own. In fairness, he has been very successful in the championship but isn't able to make that tell in the Premier league, it doesn't take a genius to work out why.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

It’s worked too.
    I would argue that it hasn't worked, or we would have secured another season in the PL.