Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
Have City actually made Liverpool offers for either of those players or is Surge making it up?
I listened to the Dalman interview and I didn't hear that - although with live interviews the Q & A can sometimes get muddled.

I thought he said that the club would love to have Wilson and Ojo back - but implied (as did MM in recent weeks) that was unlikely because Liverpool will probably want to sell and by implication Cardiff unlikely to be able to buy. He also said the key areas MM and the Board first want to strengthen are striker, left wing and creative midfield.

He said that the club had already made (I think) four offers for players and one had been accepted, but that more work needs to be done on a possible deal.

At one point he said most EFL clubs - including us - will be in serious trouble if the 'Covid' lack of income continues into next season. Also that Vincent Tan's Malaysian businesses have been hard hit but he has put nearly £3m into the club each month since the start of the crisis to keep it afloat. Getting costs down and value up are essential. He was very positive about MM's ability to work in that environment and fairly optimistic I thought.