+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ronne O'Sullivan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ronne O'Sullivan

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I think people forget how good Hendry was. Hes up there with Ronnie for me. Ronnie just looks more natural when hes in full flow.
    Hendry was never as talented a player as O'Sullivan for me, but had a will to win that was incredible. Had Ronnie had Hendry's desire, he'd have won as many world titles as Phil Taylor has won in darts. I remember reading an interview with Stephen Hendry, where he said that he absolutely loved trying to inflict as heavy a defeat on his opponent as possible - if they were having an off day, it was important for him to give them as much of a beating as possible. Hendry was an animal on the table, arguably in the same way that Taylor once was in darts, never beaten until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Hendry was never as talented a player as O'Sullivan for me, but had a will to win that was incredible. Had Ronnie had Hendry's desire, he'd have won as many world titles as Phil Taylor has won in darts. I remember reading an interview with Stephen Hendry, where he said that he absolutely loved trying to inflict as heavy a defeat on his opponent as possible - if they were having an off day, it was important for him to give them as much of a beating as possible. Hendry was an animal on the table, arguably in the same way that Taylor once was in darts, never beaten until the end.
    Agree with you on that Eric. If O’Sullivan had Hendries will to win, he would have ruled snooker for yrs. phsycology plays a massive part in sport. You could argue that Jimmy White had the most “natural” ability of all of them, but just couldn’t get over the line in the World championships. You have to be so talented to get to 6 world finals, but he just couldn’t clear the mental block in his head.
    He must have nightmares over that.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Agree with you on that Eric. If O’Sullivan had Hendries will to win, he would have ruled snooker for yrs. phsycology plays a massive part in sport. You could argue that Jimmy White had the most “natural” ability of all of them, but just couldn’t get over the line in the World championships. You have to be so talented to get to 6 world finals, but he just couldn’t clear the mental block in his head.
    He must have nightmares over that.
    if only he didn't say he touched the pink maybe blue can't remember ball