+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Archibald Leitch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: O/T Archibald Leitch

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Everton’s is , I think most stands with the X Faced fronting is a signature of Leitch.

The two stands at Roker Park were both magnificent, as is the one at Ibrox which they have kept.

I would have though any remaining Leitch designs are listed.
    Just looked it up and there are still Leitch stands at Goodison (two of them), the main stand at Craven Cottage and the stand at Ibrox still in use and you’re right about them being listed buildings, there’s also one at Hearts which I don’t think is used any more.

I can remember Villa being a trend setting club in 1969/70, they were the first team to wear the shirts with a rugby type collar that became very popular in the early 70s, I’m pretty sure they also put claret and blue plastic covers over the x facings - something they paid for because they were relegated to the Third Division that season.

Re: O/T Archibald Leitch

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just looked it up and there are still Leitch stands at Goodison (two of them), the main stand at Craven Cottage and the stand at Ibrox still in use and you’re right about them being listed buildings, there’s also one at Hearts which I don’t think is used any more.

I can remember Villa being a trend setting club in 1969/70, they were the first team to wear the shirts with a rugby type collar that became very popular in the early 70s, I’m pretty sure they also put claret and blue plastic covers over the x facings - something they paid for because they were relegated to the Third Division that season.
    Sunderland added this to the Stadium of Light a few years ago

sunderland.jpg