Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
For me its not just about disrespectful conversations and texts , its the overall arrogance ,,to think one could make those type of remarks too people, you are managing , and should lead .

It would be an instant dismissal or suspension offence if you applied such behaviors in work time or via you works phone to in most decent organisations ,other than football ,which lets be fair has a low starting point on acceptable behaviors .

His behaviors wasn't carried out in the 1970's, it was a recent event and the behavior rules around respect and diversity have moved on he woudl know that .

There is a hypocrisy all around if you ask me , if he had carried out the same actions in a political /business profile role we would want him hanged , if he had wasted money as he did , again we would want them held to account , in my view we are blinded-sided by the fact he took us up , and he stood up to Tan who people also disliked and that created a common cause and I think at an early point he felt untouchable .

The team and Tans investment took us up , yes under his leadership, he indeed gelled them together and delivered , however once up he disregarded a number of good players who took us up ,way too quickly and easily and was found wanting in the big league in preparation and development of a well funded squad . In the world of business or politics you usually fall or step down in you fail your " funded "objectives ,especially when they are in their millions and are of your choice .

All of which in my book smacks of arrogance, of a very well paid man and alleged leader
For me , his yes man attitude to the shirt change to red was what did it for me , he was asked how he would feel if his beloved big firm team were forced to change their shirt colour without any consultation and he just laughed it off