+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Yep of you go ,, Mr Cummings all over myself .

Vaughan has got away with few he should fall and take his leader with him . ( spot the irony , leader?? )

I see Plaids MP Jonathan Edwards*has had his whip removed from his ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yep of you go ,, Mr Cummings all over myself .

Vaughan has got away with few he should fall and take his leader with him . ( spot the irony , leader?? )

I see Plaids MP Jonathan Edwards*has had his whip removed from his ?
    Is this a parody account

Read his wife’s article here about how ill they were. A piece of pure fiction.

https://spectator.us/getting-coronavirus-bring-clarity/

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Is this a parody account

Poor woman, the trauma and, possibly, the delirium brought on from having the virus must mean that she can't remember the drive up to and stay in Durham as well as the drive home - seems she thought she was still in London all the time.

Seriously, if she didn't think her and her husband were doing anything wrong, why not mention it? Presumably, the article was written after Durham Police had contacted them?

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Poor woman, the trauma and, possibly, the delirium brought on from having the virus must mean that she can't remember the drive up to and stay in Durham as well as the drive home - seems she thought she was still in London all the time.

Seriously, if she didn't think her and her husband were doing anything wrong, why not mention it? Presumably, the article was written after Durham Police had contacted them?
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the way the article read to me as that Mrs Cummings and son were already in Durham and he drove there to be with them. She says, 'would have to come home' like my Mrs used to say 'when are you coming home' when I worked away.
    He drove to Durham to care for her I understood, which most men would tend to do for their wife.
    Whether that was right or wrong is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the way the article read to me as that Mrs Cummings and son were already in Durham and he drove there to be with them. She says, 'would have to come home' like my Mrs used to say 'when are you coming home' when I worked away.
    He drove to Durham to care for her I understood, which most men would tend to do for their wife.
    Yes your wrong. Read the 1st sentence.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yes your wrong. Read the 1st sentence.
    I just re-read it. I cannot see any reference in it to where she was.
    the first paragraph reads:
    "I had thought that actually getting the coronavirus would bring clarity — that there would be some satisfaction in meeting the enemy, feeling its spectral hands around my lungs. No such luck. Uncertainty is the hallmark of COVID-19. Even its origins are murky: wet markets or the Wuhan Center for Disease Control? Who knows, and who would ever believe the Chinese government anyway? When you’ve got it, the sense of medieval unknowing only deepens. Is this definitely it? Will it get worse? Will it come back?"

As I said his actions are at least questionable where ever his wife was, but I cannot see any reference in that article of her not being in Durham, that's all.

So in this version, first Cummings' wife who had Covid drove their son, who did not to stay with Cummings' parents in Durham then as soon as Cummings discovered that he had the symptoms instead of isolating in London he drove to Durham so that they could all be together.

That sounds much better.

International

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    So in this version, first Cummings' wife who had Covid drove their son, who did not to stay with Cummings' parents in Durham then as soon as Cummings discovered that he had the symptoms instead of isolating in London he drove to Durham so that they could all be together.

That sounds much better.
    I'm sorry, you lost me completely there. Where does it say she drove anywhere? In my post i didn't seek to defend anyone or anything, i merely commented on what was in the article.

I'm sorry, you lost me completely there. Where does it say she drove anywhere? In my post i didn't seek to defend anyone or anything, i merely commented on what was in the article.
    I guess she must have teleported to Durham. The Spectator piece is written as a post-event justification of their actions. The only place mentioned is London and the only people involved in their recovery were themselves. Still if you want to believe that she was already in Durham that is your right.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Is this a parody account

This article deserves a bump, just as Cummings and his wife seem to deserve each other when it comes to truth twisting, deceit and self-justification.

If you overlaid this with the version Cummings gave yesterday there would not be much that fitted in the intersection of the Venn diagram. Obviously the truth may not be in either of their tales.