+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What are you missing the most?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What are you missing the most?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'm really missing gigs - music and comedy. As you know, I live alone, don't have any kids and I'm not exactly the most sociable of creatures, but I do love going out regularly with my closest friends, watching bands or comedians and mixing with other like-minded individuals. For me, the gigs are a real release. I particularly enjoy travelling to other towns and cities for shows, and I'm missing that aspect of my 'normal' life considerably.

I must admit I felt quite down this morning when I turned the page on the calendar in the kitchen and there was absolutely nothing on it for the month of April. I'm saving plenty of money, but that's no consolation really. The lack of anything to look forward to in the foreseeable future is a definite drag.
    I was looking forward to seeing simple minds in April . Would have been the first time I had seen them since the Barrowland in Glasgow when they were first making their way . I dont want to mention how many years ago that is. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I was looking forward to seeing simple minds in April . Would have been the first time I had seen them since the Barrowland in Glasgow when they were first making their way . I dont want to mention how many years ago that is. :)
    A mate of mine who posts on here (he used to be Heathblue, can't remember his current username) has seen that lot countless times all over Europe. Never seen the fascination myself.....

I had five gigs originally scheduled for April - three music, two comedy - including one of my favourite new bands at Clwb Ifor Bach. I'm really disappointed to have to miss that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I saw Simple Minds in St Davids, Cardiff 2016 on their acoustic tour, and also in Cyfarthfa Park, Merthyr Tydfil 2018. They were brilliant both times. The Merthyr gig was excellent as they were supported by KT Tunstall and The Pretenders who were both really good. It was an outdoor gig and the weather was boiling too which helped.
    I wasn't going to bother with this years gig as it was midweek and I like to have a few ciders through the day and use the next day for recovery