+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swear allegiance to our King you peasants

Re: Swear allegiance to our King you peasants

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I've just checked guys and no one is making you do anything. Phew!!!
    Shhhhhh! Don't tell people that James,there having so much fun on here.

I don't Ninuan Opinions actually read the article before posting.

If he did it didn't sink in

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Incredible stuff, in that last paragraph, she’s near as damnit saying “let them eat cake”.
    Who cares?

Other than being one of the many girl friends of Prince Andrew she has nothing to do with Royal Family.

Here’s someone who might be prepared to swear allegiance.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...ngs-coronation
    Er. don't think he even hints that Bob

First Team

I've just checked guys and no one is making you do anything. Phew!!!
    That's bollocks. Who is paying for all this antiquated tomfoolery while millions visit the foodbanks?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I suspect the majority of people are not fussed on Charles and really dislike who is to be the new Queen.

She looks like Boris Karloff in a wig.

Few other than Sludge would hurry to peel back the duvet on seeing her in their bedroom.
    To paraphrase Mock the Week, you don't even see the delineation between acceptable commentary and misogyny, do you?

First Team

Just to add to the thread, the local newswire in Ceredigion is reporting the council didn't get a single application for a street party.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    That's bollocks. Who is paying for all this antiquated tomfoolery while millions visit the foodbanks?
    That could be said about a huge number of things though. Why have any celebration of anything whilst some people visit foodbanks? In fact, why do it whilst some people are on benefits?

The fact is, if you aren't interested, you don't have to get involved. Just carry on with your day. :)

That could be said about a huge number of things though. Why have any celebration of anything whilst some people visit foodbanks? In fact, why do it whilst some people are on benefits?

The fact is, if you aren't interested, you don't have to get involved. Just carry on with your day. :)
    It does resonate a bit differently when it costs an estimated £100m and is paid for by taxes. It seems quite a reasonable position to be unhappy with it.

Charles is worth an estimated £1.8bn by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Who cares?

Other than being one of the many girl friends of Prince Andrew she has nothing to do with Royal Family.
    I do, I take the piss out of Americans at times for their messed up society, but they don’t have our ridiculous class system where talentless, entitled nonentities with half a brain cell are indulged to the extent they are given a stage to spout rubbish like that.

It seems to me that a lot of people on here are very interested - just not in the flag waving, forelock tugging way. Interested in the vast cost, the reinforcement of privilege and deference, the celebration of inherited wealth and power, and the wall to wall deflection from the mess this country is in.

The media will make it very hard to avoid. Not impossible - but ‘just carry on won’t do it.

Er. don't think he even hints that Bob
    Er, that’s why I said he might be prepared to swear allegiance not will be Elwood.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It does resonate a bit differently when it costs an estimated £100m and is paid for by taxes. It seems quite a reasonable position to be unhappy with it.

Charles is worth an estimated £1.8bn by the way.
    Agreed.
    If he wants a coronation, let him pay for it. Or set up a crowdfunder so that those who want to subscribe to this nonsense can do so.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It seems to me that a lot of people on here are very interested - just not in the flag waving, forelock tugging way. Interested in the vast cost, the reinforcement of privilege and deference, the celebration of inherited wealth and power, and the wall to wall deflection from the mess this country is in.

The media will make it very hard to avoid. Not impossible - but ‘just carry on won’t do it.
    I sincerely hope for you lot in Blighty that all BBC radio stations across the board are not taken over in North Korean-style on the day (as happened when the last two royal events took place)

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I sincerely hope for you lot in Blighty that all BBC radio stations across the board are not taken over in North Korean-style on the day (as happened when the last two royal events took place)
    It's brainwashing!!! Who in their right mind wants to watch some sycophantic old fart put a hat on the head of another outrageously rich scrounging old fart whose never done an honest day's work in his life?

surprising poll results from Wales

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...-keep-26829414

by the way has anyone here been asked about a poll about anyhthing ? i haven't

Incredible stuff, in that last paragraph, she’s near as damnit saying “let them eat cake”.
    She should be jailed for wearing the wig

Shhhhhh! Don't tell people that James,there having so much fun on here.

I don't Ninuan Opinions actually read the article before posting.

If he did it didn't sink in
    I doubt you checked your spelling before posting

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    I doubt you checked your spelling before posting
    I didn't check my typing.

I know how to spell

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I have travelled up and down the Rhine a few times. You might want to think about Cologne/Bonn airport, nearer Bonn which has a train station right outside. Probably a half hour longer to get to where you are going but the stretch of the Rhine from Konigswinter right down to the Lorelei is more attractive than coming from Frankfurt. Low cost flights go there as well.

The rail lines run both sides of the river. Cologne airport is on the west side. From memory ferries stop early in the evening, around 9pm but I don't know if they will remain longer if there is a special event like a festival. There will be a bridge crossing further up river so might be worth checking buses if you are staying on the west bank.
    In amongst the bickering banter there is always some good advice on here when required, I have some time to get it sorted and will look at the Cologne/Bonn airport option, I did glance at it but didn't follow it up. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Oh yeah, the interest is understandable. And it's good to have good and interesting debates about topics like this. I'm just not sure that a thread moaning about peasants swearing allegiance is that place. It's kinda misleading, and as I said with tongue in cheek...no one is making you do anything.

There's probably a cross over of views between us here, as I'm sympathetic to the thrust of what you say, but I find the people moaning about the royal family are usually pretty privileged themselves and this topic is usually a distraction, often from their own inherited wealth and power.

There is also a pretty big crossover between said people and those who, when push came to shove, actually were pretty keen in cancelling the opinions of 'the people' when they didn't think the same way!

I just think live and let live. And as football fans who pay good money to watch multi millionaires kick a leather ball while we chant their names, we are probably not best places to criticise other people getting some enjoyment, entertainment or community togetherness from a dose of flag-waving pageantry.

A bit of history revisited.

Cranbrook street Cathays, my nan & gramps lived here and we gate crashed the party, Silver Jubilee,
    the band were called Denim, went on to become very well known in the local music scene at the time.

20180624_154705.jpg

20180624_154724.jpg

20180624_154714.jpg

Oh yeah, the interest is understandable. And it's good to have good and interesting debates about topics like this. I'm just not sure that a thread moaning about peasants swearing allegiance is that place. It's kinda misleading, and as I said with tongue in cheek...no one is making you do anything.

There's probably a cross over of views between us here, as I'm sympathetic to the thrust of what you say, but I find the people moaning about the royal family are usually pretty privileged themselves and this topic is usually a distraction, often from their own inherited wealth and power.

There is also a pretty big crossover between said people and those who, when push came to shove, actually were pretty keen in cancelling the opinions of 'the people' when they didn't think the same way!

I just think live and let live. And as football fans who pay good money to watch multi millionaires kick a leather ball while we chant their names, we are probably not best places to criticise other people getting some enjoyment, entertainment or community togetherness from a dose of flag-waving pageantry.
    If I understand your argument, people who dislike the Royal Family are usually privileged and have lots of inherited wealth. They are heavy cancel culture. But because the Royals are a bit like well paid footballers who some adore, there is unlikely to be anyone one this Board able to criticise anyone loving the pageantry, right?

If I understand your argument, people who dislike the Royal Family are usually privileged and have lots of inherited wealth. They are heavy cancel culture. But because the Royals are a bit like well paid footballers who some adore, there is unlikely to be anyone one this Board able to criticise anyone loving the pageantry, right?
    No, I'm just saying live and let live, that most people are hypocrites, that endless going on about the Royals is probably a distraction from real issues and that Sludge talks about milfs too much.

Okay the last bit is new, but lots of people get a lot of enjoyment from big occasions like this and so what if they do. We get enjoyment from watching multi millionaires kick footballs around whilst we are fed a lie the players give a shit about us. Are we really in a position to criticise?

No, I'm just saying live and let live, that most people are hypocrites, that endless going on about the Royals is probably a distraction from real issues and that Sludge talks about milfs too much.

Okay the last bit is new, but lots of people get a lot of enjoyment from big occasions like this and so what if they do. We get enjoyment from watching multi millionaires kick footballs around whilst we are fed a lie the players give a shit about us. Are we really in a position to criticise?
    So I understand your latest riposte. The people who are usually privileged with inherited wealth are hypocrites and should live and let live. They distract from real issues because Sludge talks about milfs too much?

Also because we create a bond with well paid footballers who play for our team we are unable to differentiate that from people who love the pageantry of of a 21st Century Royal event, right?

So I understand your latest riposte. The people who are usually privileged with inherited wealth are hypocrites and should live and let live. They distract from real issues because Sludge talks about milfs too much?

Also because we create a bond with well paid footballers who play for our team we are unable to differentiate that from people who love the pageantry of of a 21st Century Royal event, right?
    I think that's right, yeah. 👍