+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    There’s one you can buy on an elastic rope so I think I’ll go for that one. Think places will open up here soon anyway, judging by the amount of traffic I saw around cardiff yesterday, no ones listening to Drakeford anymore anyway......

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    There’s one you can buy on an elastic rope so I think I’ll go for that one. Think places will open up here soon anyway, judging by the amount of traffic I saw around cardiff yesterday, no ones listening to Drakeford anymore anyway......
    I've taken my dog for an afternoon walk these last two days and what an eye opener it was yesterday! There were more people out walking than you used to see pre virus including a group of about eight women, most of whom I would say were over seventy or very close to it, chatting away without observing social distancing with what looked like the oldest one walking arm in arm with a younger woman who I assumed might be her carer - I've mentioned before that the view that the virus had not really found its way up here is quite a common, but wrong, one, I can only assume that many of those I saw yesterday must believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've taken my dog for an afternoon walk these last two days and what an eye opener it was yesterday! There were more people out walking than you used to see pre virus including a group of about eight women, most of whom I would say were over seventy or very close to it, chatting away without observing social distancing with what looked like the oldest one walking arm in arm with a younger woman who I assumed might be her carer - I've mentioned before that the view that the virus had not really found its way up here is quite a common, but wrong, one, I can only assume that many of those I saw yesterday must believe it.
    We desperately need a webpage, email address or better still a dedicated phone line where people can easily report deliberate social distancing breaches of the like you witnessed.

As I think you implied, deepest Rhondda is beyond the final frontier.

Your relocation there from the nation's capital city could be compared to a resident of Monte Carlo deciding that a move to Mansfield might prove to be a culturally enriching one.

I understand that for your first month there you had to communicate with the locals through an adapted form of sign language. They spoke impenetrable gibberish while they mistook your accent for that of a Norwegian.

From what I hear some six weeks later because of your desire to assimilate you sounded like Dai Bando out of the film How Green Was My Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    We desperately need a webpage, email address or better still a dedicated phone line where people can easily report deliberate social distancing breaches of the like you witnessed.

As I think you implied, deepest Rhondda is beyond the final frontier.

Your relocation there from the nation's capital city could be compared to a resident of Monte Carlo deciding that a move to Mansfield might prove to be a culturally enriching one.

I understand that for your first month there you had to communicate with the locals through an adapted form of sign language. They spoke impenetrable gibberish while they mistook your accent for that of a Norwegian.

From what I hear some six weeks later because of your desire to assimilate you sounded like Dai Bando out of the film How Green Was My Valley.
    In the last year or so, I've either learned to understand gibberish or I've started talking like a native because I can understand every word they say now .

International

but the may have been all form the same care home, like a family can go out together?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    but the may have been all form the same care home, like a family can go out together?
    No, they weren't because I know three of them who live close by (one is two doors from me and another six) - they all seemed to know each other as well, so I'd guess they were all from around here (the local care home is about a mile away).

International

No, they weren't because I know three of them who live close by (one is two doors from me and another six) - they all seemed to know each other as well, so I'd guess they were all from around here (the local care home is about a mile away).
    Be fair, you could have mentuioned that in your original post lol

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Be fair, you could have mentuioned that in your original post lol
    And my reply is, be fair I didn't think anyone would suggest that the local care home's annual excursion would be a trip to Tynewydd green .