+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Craig Bellamy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Craig Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Definitely a hard worker, and a ton of determination, but a LOT of talent there too.
    Yes very talented player. At Newcastle I thought he would have gone on to something huge abroad, some of his performances for the club were exceptional - I think Bobby Robson had a lot to do with keeping him under (some) control.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Yes very talented player. At Newcastle I thought he would have gone on to something huge abroad, some of his performances for the club were exceptional - I think Bobby Robson had a lot to do with keeping him under (some) control.
    I think Bobby Robson had a lot to do with it too.
    Slightly off topic. Have you read Bobby Robson's autobiography? If not its well worth a read. He mentions Bellamy in there several times. One quote goes along the lines of "Bellamy could start an arguement in a phone box".
    That made me chuckle.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    I think Bobby Robson had a lot to do with it too.
    Slightly off topic. Have you read Bobby Robson's autobiography? If not its well worth a read. He mentions Bellamy in there several times. One quote goes along the lines of "Bellamy could start an arguement in a phone box".
    That made me chuckle.

A bit off topic but another classic Bobby robson remark was the one about Paul Gasgoine.

He said he found him in the dressing room one day after training and he was crying. When robson enquired what was wrong he said it was because Gazza had just found out that his sister had 2 brothers and he only had one!!

I think that's classic!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    A bit off topic but another classic Bobby robson remark was the one about Paul Gasgoine.

He said he found him in the dressing room one day after training and he was crying. When robson enquired what was wrong he said it was because Gazza had just found out that his sister had 2 brothers and he only had one!!

I think that's classic!
    Brilliant

Sir Bobby. Absolute legend. Word gets thrown about too easy these days but he had a real awe about him and come across a proper gentleman.

I remember flying to Newcastle to watch Cardiff at Sunderland and when we were going through to baggage the Newcastle team were flying abroad for a European game. All the players walked past heads down or headphones on in their own little bubble but Sir Bobby acknowledged us "Alright lads, good luck tonight". Touch of class.

Sir Alex Ferguson had a bit of a temper and it did him no harm
    at all as a manager. Good luck Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Brilliant

Sir Bobby. Absolute legend. Word gets thrown about too easy these days but he had a real awe about him and come across a proper gentleman.

I remember flying to Newcastle to watch Cardiff at Sunderland and when we were going through to baggage the Newcastle team were flying abroad for a European game. All the players walked past heads down or headphones on in their own little bubble but Sir Bobby acknowledged us "Alright lads, good luck tonight". Touch of class.
    Sir Bobby was a proper gentleman.
    I remember watching an interview with him years ago. The topic got on to Maradona and his hand of god goal.
    He wasn't bitter and twisted about that goal. Infact he said that Maradona missed a perfect opportunity to go down as one of the greatest sportsmen in history. All he had to do was to go up to the ref and admit that he handballed it, but he never and the rest is history.