Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
Whilst the Op's late night Thursday rather than early morning Friday opinion might have been over the top it doesn't mean that Harris has been faultless in his tactics or team selections with the available resources. When you witness first hand the first half performance against Birmingham and the dismantling at QPR then many may think that boos and chants of "Harris sort it out" are the right response rather than slavish devotion regardless of what you are seeing with your own eyes.

I think lots of fans are disillusioned with what the team had become under Warnock and feel that teams with lesser resources are passing us by in the type of football they are playing. Harris, I think unfairly, gets the backlash from people who want to spend their hard earned money on something that quickens the pulses rather than a slightly more refined version of the same. He gets stick for what he was not, a manager with a major change of style to the previous one, rather than for what he is or isn't achieving.

If they trudge down the ground expecting to be bored and finding it happening time after time then I don't begrudge them finding other things to do with their time and money and I certainly wouldn't badge them wholesale as part-timers in the way you just have.
I agree with some of what you say in the first two paragraphs but what is needed here is a degree of balance but it is unfortunately sadly lacking in some peoples posts. A few days before we were heavily beaten by QPR, we went to Sheffield Wednesday, played well and won at a team in the play off places, who shortly after beat Leeds but that has been totally forgotten in the furore over the next game and a poor first half at Birmingham. Harris’s record since he has been here isn't bad and I will give any manager time to put his stamp on the team and get it sorted. I don't understand people who stop going when things get tough and believe me over the last fifty years I have seen some rubbish but isn't that all part of being a fan ? - you go with the hope of seeing something better and achieving some success. Bearing that in mind, over the last fifteen years we have absolutely nothing to complain about.