+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When Football resumes..

When Football resumes..

If it does for this season, then it's going to feel very strange watching football in June. We've got nine league games to go, so say it got going again mid April, (Can't see it) then the season could go into July. It's going to be very odd and unseasonal which could add to a very strange atmosphere. Personally i don't think that the season will be completed, i hope not just to **** Leeds fans off. Just noticed that anything below national league has been cancelled for good and all results wiped out.

Re: When Football resumes..

I cant see the current restrictions being removed within 12 weeks. Therefore mid June earliest.

I just cant see it.

Its a question of write the season off or re commence whenever they can even if thats later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If it does for this season, then it's going to feel very strange watching football in June. We've got nine league games to go, so say it got going again mid April, (Can't see it) then the season could go into July. It's going to be very odd and unseasonal which could add to a very strange atmosphere. Personally i don't think that the season will be completed, i hope not just to **** Leeds fans off. Just noticed that anything below national league has been cancelled for good and all results wiped out.
    I reckon the season will resume in the summer and I wonder whether that might be quite....good?

Why do we watch football in the depths of winter? Easy to forget now but a few weeks ago we were watching games in storms and rain. Not much fun.

Let’s get our tops off and for goodness sake let people take a beer into the stands. Live a little

The rest of the domestic league season can be completed within a month, or even less, if need by. I'll be surprised if we see football being played any time soon even if things go better than expected in terms of controlling the virus - I still think a reduced 20/21 season is the best way to go.

I'm a fan of both of these options

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm a fan of both of these options
    Summer football? Not so sure, probably because of what i'm used to, although it may bring extra people out and there probably is something to be said for not having to freeze your bollocks off for most of the season. Who knows, maybe players would improve with better conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The rest of the domestic league season can be completed within a month, or even less, if need by. I'll be surprised if we see football being played any time soon even if things go better than expected in terms of controlling the virus - I still think a reduced 20/21 season is the best way to go.
    I was just about to suggest the same thing Paul. There's no football anyway until 30th April, unless that date changes. It would be best to complete this season and have a reduced, or more compressed season next year. Maybe just play each team once ? But maybe clubs will want the full season played. I know I'd want full value out of my season ticket. They'll have to finish early as the Euros will follow in Summer 2021.

Summer football? Not so sure, probably because of what i'm used to, although it may bring extra people out and there probably is something to be said for not having to freeze your bollocks off for most of the season. Who knows, maybe players would improve with better conditions.
    Lee Tomlin may be fit for for the re start.

If you look hard enough you will find some kind of positive in every situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

I think that they'll have to finish the season, it'll cause mayhem with contracts etc and players who are on big promotion bonuses, plus the revenue lost due to cancelling nine games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

NML may be fit and he likes playing when it's warm.

Season will be finished no matter what, next season however, the format will be quite interesting to say the least. League cup and Football League trophy should be scrapped to free up playing time next year.

Chances are they will play two or three games a week, to get them finished asap.

I can see this season becoming void like the national league and below

just think Manchester city being the only club to win domestic honours this season or would that get that taken away from them ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    I can see this season becoming void like the national league and below

just think Manchester city being the only club to win domestic honours this season or would that get that taken away from them ?
    How can it be taken away from them when the competition was completed?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I cant see the current restrictions being removed within 12 weeks. Therefore mid June earliest.

I just cant see it.

Its a question of write the season off or re commence whenever they can even if thats later in the year.
    Nor me. I suspect that we prepare for a longer term than 12 months of restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I reckon the season will resume in the summer and I wonder whether that might be quite....good?

Why do we watch football in the depths of winter? Easy to forget now but a few weeks ago we were watching games in storms and rain. Not much fun.

Let’s get our tops off and for goodness sake let people take a beer into the stands. Live a little

No. No. No.

NO!

If it starts back up, the games will be behind closed-doors. And probably played at a rate of 2 a week.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

They have to finish this season, even if it is October. Too many games have been played. Next season can be cancelled and replaced with mini-leagues, 3 PL teams, 3 Championship, 3 League One and 3 League Two type format.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    They have to finish this season, even if it is October. Too many games have been played. Next season can be cancelled and replaced with mini-leagues, 3 PL teams, 3 Championship, 3 League One and 3 League Two type format.
    Explain the format, don’t quite get it, only 12 teams competing?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Explain the format, don’t quite get it, only 12 teams competing?

Sorry - maybe not exactly 12 teams in a league, but multiple leagues.

So, for example

League
    Newcastle
    Norwich
    Man United
    Leeds United
    Cardiff
    Charlton
    Stanley
    Doncaster
    Peterborough
    Newport
    Carlisle
    Crewe

There'd be a few leagues set up like this.

Gate receipts shared 40% - 40% with the other 20% going to a hardship fund.

Maybe the winning team from each league then plays a playoff with the games at Wembley. A bit like that Centenary tournament that took place in 1988.

These leagues would take the place of the "missing" 2020/21 season and ensure that clubs lower down the pyramid get a share of money. Problem could be attendance and weakened sides, but I'm just hoping there is a festival atmosphere once this is all over and everybody will work together to get us back on our feet.

......we will still be rubbish? 🤷*♂️

To be fair to mankind , and to elevate the stress for Leeds and Liverpool fans lets wipe out the results, its not fair they should suffer this not knowing wait ,let's give them a release .

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    ......we will still be rubbish? 🤷*♂️
    With this period providing ample recovery time for a few of our key injured players I think we will win the league

My timescale

15th June Players are allowed to return to Clubs for a short "Pre -Season" training programme

3rd July Leagues restart

14th August Leagues Finish

Short Season break for Transfers/New Fixtures to be decided(after all the players will have had over two months off
    during March/April/May)

19th September New Season starts with League Cup and other minor Competitions scrapped for one year.

Might work and should still be able to finish in time for the Euros unless Pep and Jurgen complain about player burn-out.
    Still will depend on when and how restrictions are lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    My timescale

15th June Players are allowed to return to Clubs for a short "Pre -Season" training programme

3rd July Leagues restart

14th August Leagues Finish

Short Season break for Transfers/New Fixtures to be decided(after all the players will have had over two months off
    during March/April/May)

19th September New Season starts with League Cup and other minor Competitions scrapped for one year.

Might work and should still be able to finish in time for the Euros unless Pep and Jurgen complain about player burn-out.
    Still will depend on when and how restrictions are lifted.
    Decent plan.
    Your last sentence is the most important, though.
    I suspect that the tardiness of some countries may prolong this crisis.