Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Although I count getting those 5 hospitals built as a rare Government success story in their response to the virus, I do wonder about the contradiction which, on the one hand, has the Chief Scientific adviser saying that 20,000 deaths would be a good outcome and on the other having twice as many (according to official figures that, by almost universal agreement, represent perhaps are as little as 66% of the real figure) die and yet the existing intensive care capacity was able to cope when the numbers being admitted to hospital, and dying, was at its highest.

I'm not sure there is much evidence to back up your contention that SAGE is "a collection of left leaning figures" - I note there is an alternative SAGE committee which strikes me as fitting that description though.

In any case, the three links I posted were from a British magazine, an Asian magazine and an American university - as far as I'm aware, they were all written by people with no connection to SAGE.
Fair enough, we'll disagree. Anyway I'm sceptical - of most things, and unlike today's society I don't worship at the altar of the scientists. Until the Age of Enlightenment if the Church said something you would accept it without question. In an increasingly secular world we've found a new source to bow down to and accept their 'wisdom' without question or debate. If the prevailing scientists say something, it must be right - because they're the experts..