+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Middlesbrough boss Neil Warnock wants to raid his old club Cardiff City for veteran defender Sol Bamba

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Middlesbrough boss Neil Warnock wants to raid his old club Cardiff City for veteran defender Sol Bamba

He’s most probably on a decent wage seeing as he cost nothing, was told to hang on when clubless by Warnock, who was also touting himself around desperate clubs at the time, so you’d imagine he was well looked after financially when he eventually joined under Warnock. Could be a good few bob for Harris to play with should he go, it’s a no brainier in my opinion.

Re: Middlesbrough boss Neil Warnock wants to raid his old club Cardiff City for veteran defender Sol Bamba

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He’s most probably on a decent wage seeing as he cost nothing, was told to hang on when clubless by Warnock, who was also touting himself around desperate clubs at the time, so you’d imagine he was well looked after financially when he eventually joined under Warnock. Could be a good few bob for Harris to play with should he go, it’s a no brainier in my opinion.
    I can't see Bamba playing again for us anytime soon
    He may well develop into a very good coach and if the club have ambitions for him to do that here then he should be involved with the under 18s or under23s this season in that capacity
    If however he feels he has another season in him for first team football, then time to move on and take on that challenge?
    He always comes across well when interviewed or as a guest on Sky and I would like to see him develop as a coach, but at 35 in reality his playing career is over in my view, time to take the next step