+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The People vs the Snoopers' Charter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The People vs the Snoopers' Charter

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Those who would give up essential Security and Safety, to maintain the Liberty of those who wish to cause harm deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Yet the minority of the country seem happy to give up a huge chunk of the whole country's Security and Safety for what is essentially no harm to the average person's Liberty.
    Bollocks, we aren't giving up any security. Anyone who thinks we are is just buying into the fear mongoring narrative. If there are terrorist who are going to be successful they'll have to be better prepared than using a normal ISP that can be easily traced.

Re: The People vs the Snoopers' Charter

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Bollocks, we aren't giving up any security.

Why the aggression? Do you often get aggressive with anyone who has a different opinion to you?

Anyone who thinks we are is just buying into the fear mongoring narrative.

You use an absolute generalisation when stating 'anyone'. You do not know what the majority think exactly or why they think that way.
    In fairness, could the same be said about you that you are buying into the opposite narrative.

If there are terrorist who are going to be successful they'll have to be better prepared than using a normal ISP that can be easily traced.

Normal ISP's are the tip of the iceberg. Britain needs to protect itself from those who wish to do us harm.
    There are significant numbers who are in that category, along with even greater numbers who will offer them support, security, cover, protection and safety. I want my country to do what is required to protect us from those people.
    We all have opinions.

Mine is that I trust my country to protect us, more than relying on the goodwill of those who hate us and wish to do us harm.

What other opinions are there on the protection of our country?