Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
We have beaten decent sides this year in : Wolves,Saints,Brighton ,Leicester.

Came close with results at Spurs, Palace.

Newcastle at home we nearly won. .

Only just lost at Everton

Competed with Liverpool for 70 mins.

Took Gunners to the wire at home .

Robbed by Burnely at home.

Probaly should have beaten Huddersfield home and away ,but didn't lose.

Done better than expected
If the Palace game had been a boxing match then we'd have lost every round, thankfully, football isn't boxing although Kadeem Harris almost gave us that 'punchers chance' when he came close at the end.

Let's concentrate on the wins. During those games we played a little higher and pressed more against teams where we had a chance to get something out of the game. Nobody expects us to be able to do that against any of the top ten teams but below that we should be more adventurous and take the game to the opposition. Someone said to me earlier that the Spurs and United games could've taken more out of us if you consider how we were beaten. I'd say that there's a bit of truth in that as the last two games against Huddersfield and Newcastle have been dreadful. There seems to be a massive lack of confidence and belief, the players look scared to try anything, nobody wants to take responsibility, we were walked over yesterday against a poor side in Newcastle, we didn't even make the game competitive, that's the biggest worry. So, people can just keep saying that it's the 'Premier league' it's a 'Miracle we're here' 'What did people expect' etc, that's fine, and i get it, they're protecting the team, but when you stop competing as we did yesterday and when nobody on the pitch wants to take responsibility in order to try and win the game (Huddersfield) then there are big problems.

Every one of us new it was going to be difficult, every one of us new that we'd be on the end of some hidings, outclassed and out thought. But the one thing we should all expect is a desire to compete and to try and get something out of the games where we have a chance. We have failed miserably during our last two league games and there was nothing positive to come out of the Spurs and United game, none of us expected a result, just something to take away from those games that maybe made you think that we have a chance.