+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Riot in Ely

Re: Riot in Ely

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Seek help Sludge.

You started off on ths thread saying the police were not to blame and have now done a full 180 degree turn.
    Give your head a wobble

Your first contribution on here was to slag off another poster about what was being said on twitter f f sake ......which turned out to be true basically .....the coppers were following these kids

The fact they pulled back is not the issue because they initially said they only got involved after the crash ......which is not exactly being free with the facts

Is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Yes just saw that but perhaps a restructure would be for the best , there has been far too many mistakes and miscarriages of justice for a force of that size. I also thought the ACC was rude to walk out of the press conference whilst questions were still being put to her yesterday.

Why is there such an insistence of CCTV footage also when there a numerous witnesses saying the children were being pursued?
    Ain't that the truth

Or is it

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    'according to twitter'. I was hardly giving it a ringing endorsement. Is it that you don't understand things? Or just pretend not to
    He's a strange boy

Well according to the police commisioner himself last night it is not true. They turned up AFTER the collision.

It is being widely reported, locally and nationally, that the police chase was rumours and not fact and those rumours are being blamed for the riots.
    According to the alun Micheal?

You think he's OK now do you ?

Make your mind up Freddie

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The police from the start should have said .....officers were following two persons , it wasn't a full on chase but we were at speeds of 30 mph ....at a safe distance

What's so difficult about that ?

Do you think that would have appeased the mob ? ?

I can only see one thing, 2 lads have died, they were " joy riding " ( is that a term they still use ) on a Fairly high powered E Bike ( reminding me of the early 90's when I used to frequent Ely, always young kids hammering around on Scramblers then ) someone says " the Feds were chasing them " , Mob assembles and have a laugh launchingbricks at the police / setting fire to cars / etc etc

not sure what th police could have said that would have changed the mindless destruction

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

I can only see one thing, 2 lads have died, they were " joy riding " ( is that a term they still use ) on a Fairly high powered E Bike ( reminding me of the early 90's when I used to frequent Ely, always young kids hammering around on Scramblers then ) someone says " the Feds were chasing them " , Mob assembles and have a laugh launchingbricks at the police / setting fire to cars / etc etc

not sure what th police could have said that would have changed the mindless destruction
    I think if the community were being told that the police had been following the boys .....which is what people who saw that would have confirmed ......the chatter on social media and on the estate would have been less anti police than it clearly became

It's up to the police to explain why things happened as they did

I think blind acceptance of the police and their tactics is unbelievably odd given the history of South Wales Police

We all know most coppers are professional people but you only have to remember previous cock ups or are people walking around with their heads in the clouds ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

As far as people who saw the van driving around after the youngsters ......they were chasing them

You can call it following if you like

So the police saying they were not and no police were involved ......well what conclusion do you think people who saw the van would think ?

If that was me and the police came on the radio and said .....no police were involved ....I would think hold on a minute .....they are fibbing here

That's how these things start . We know the lads shouldn't have been riding around .....but that's sorted ......its how the police dealt with all this that matters and they could be argued to have made a right balls up and helped fan the flames of disorder

You and most of us wouldn't have set cars on fire but that's not the issue

It’s ironic that Labour we’re against the introduction of Police Commissioners but it didn’t stop Alun Michael taking the job. Nice work for a 79 year old on just under £87,000 grand a year. To be honest, I don’t think he’s made any improvement as to how SWP operates.
    Last edited by SOXY BOY; 25-05-23 at 16:45. Reason: Added

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    It’s ironic that Labour we’re against the introduction of Police Commissioners but it didn’t stop Alun Michael taking the job. Nice work for a 79 year old on just under £87,000 grand a year. To be honest, I don’t think he’s made any improvement as to how SWP operates.
    That says more about alun Micheal than it does about the labour party

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    Once they became a thing of course Labour Party put someone up as a candidate for the job.

Sludge, you maybe right there.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Once they became a thing of course Labour Party put someone up as a candidate for the job.
    Which is understandable

The conservatives were against the Welsh assembly but fight the seats now

Give your head a wobble

Your first contribution on here was to slag off another poster about what was being said on twitter f f sake ......which turned out to be true basically .....the coppers were following these kids

The fact they pulled back is not the issue because they initially said they only got involved after the crash ......which is not exactly being free with the facts

Is it ?
    Poppycock

They were not giving chase and I called out the poster spreading social media rumours and how dangerous they are.

I still stand by it. They were not killed because of a police chase because there was no chase.

Alun Michaels should have said the police followed them for a short period, yes, but he was right to say there want a chase because quite simply there wasn’t.

Poppycock

They were not giving chase and I called out the poster spreading social media rumours and how dangerous they are.

I still stand by it. They were not killed because of a police chase because there was no chase.

Alun Michaels should have said the police followed them for a short period, yes, but he was right to say there want a chase because quite simply there wasn’t.
    Bullshit . The only person all over the place on this is you . Were you a copper in a past life ? Or did you fail the fitness test ?

As far as people who saw the van driving around after the youngsters ......they were chasing them

You can call it following if you like

So the police saying they were not and no police were involved ......well what conclusion do you think people who saw the van would think ?

If that was me and the police came on the radio and said .....no police were involved ....I would think hold on a minute .....they are fibbing here

That's how these things start . We know the lads shouldn't have been riding around .....but that's sorted ......its how the police dealt with all this that matters and they could be argued to have made a right balls up and helped fan the flames of disorder

You and most of us wouldn't have set cars on fire but that's not the issue
    You’ve now made up your own version of how the riots started which clearly doesn’t fit the timeline of events.

Alun Michael was being economical with the truth well after the riots had started and ended so how did they “fan the flames”.

Bullshit . The only person all over the place on this is you . Were you a copper in a past life ? Or did you fail the fitness test ?
    What’s bullshit? There was no chase, that is evident from the second video.

Every SPG vehicle is fitted with front and rear cameras, I assume the Babylon will release the footage soon in order to stop the speculation.

It’s illegal to pursue children in a police vehicle apparently

The bike went through rails didn’t it where the coppers couldn’t follow in the van? Was nowhere near them when they actually crashed?

You’ve now made up your own version of how the riots started which clearly doesn’t fit the timeline of events.

Alun Michael was being economical with the truth well after the riots had started and ended so how did they “fan the flames”.
    More bullshit

Alun Micheal said there was no police involvement BEFORE things kicked off

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    The bike went through rails didn’t it where the coppers couldn’t follow in the van? Was nowhere near them when they actually crashed?
    We know all this

It's the police denial of involvement that's the issue , only dealt with AFTER the first video

The second video only shows they were not following when the lads died .....but it does show that the police van was following these lads for a period

And that is what the coppers are not dealing with and so e on here are sweeping away

Quite why I don't know

More bullshit

Alun Micheal said there was no police involvement BEFORE things kicked off
    Wrong. How the **** would he make a statement about the riots BEFORE things kicked off?

Have an hour off the phone or computer Sludge, you are clearly tired and weary.

Wrong. How the **** would he make a statement about the riots BEFORE things kicked off?

Have an hour off the phone or computer Sludge, you are clearly tired and weary.
    Nope , he said on live radio that the police had not been involved in the crash in the evening before the rioting began

Nope , he said on live radio that the police had not been involved in the crash in the evening before the rioting began
    He said that next morning. Go to bed.

He said that next morning. Go to bed.
    I thought it was the other way round

Anyway they are still fibbers

That says more about alun Micheal than it does about the labour party
    And I am sure you would say the same if he was from another party