+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Niasse yesterday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Niasse yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I only saw the briefest of highlights but I was alarmed that number 29 just let Schar run past him for the goal and then hardly covered himself in glory for the second goal.

I had to look it up and number 29 was Niasse.

Warnock will expect much more of him than that defensively, but he hasn’t played much football so we should give him a break.

Not a great start though. :-(
    He tracked Schar all the way to our box but couldn't get close enough to put in a challenge without fouling him, it was the defence standing off that led to that goal, you can't criticise a striker who's not played for god knows how long for allowing their centre half to pass the ball into the net form the edge of the box!

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    He tracked Schar all the way to our box but couldn't get close enough to put in a challenge without fouling him, it was the defence standing off that led to that goal, you can't criticise a striker who's not played for god knows how long for allowing their centre half to pass the ball into the net form the edge of the box!
    If Niasse had been able to get a tackle in before the Newcastle player wandered through our open defence and scored, we would not have had the pleasure of a match report describing his effort as having 'all the urgency of a second class stamp'!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...stamp-15704495

Quite.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Er, I can!

Can you imagine what Roy Keane or some other pro would have done??!!

Bring him down before he gets near the box.

Naive comment of the day award.