+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Yet another draw as qualification fades further into the distance for battle weary Wales.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Yet another draw as qualification fades further into the distance for battle weary Wales.

Jazz maybe the best crosser of our full-backs, Gunter has the best stamina and perhaps best understanding of the role, Davies the best defender and best technically....

What about Morgan Fox? I haven't seen him play but a full-back who is likely to make the play-offs with Wednesday may be a better option than the out of form Taylor.

I hate to say it but perhaps England showed us what the 3-4-2-1 should ideally be set up like against Germany. With Bertrand and Walker on the flanks but otherwise very similar to ourselves (imitation being flattering?) With a midfield base mix of defence and technical ability, one technical and one exciting 10's and a striker to cause havoc.

I think we need to start planning for the eventual benching of ledley, Ashley Williams and Neil Taylor as the three biggest names of recent times with seemingly shortest journey ahead.

Re: Yet another draw as qualification fades further into the distance for battle weary Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Jazz maybe the best crosser of our full-backs, Gunter has the best stamina and perhaps best understanding of the role, Davies the best defender and best technically....

What about Morgan Fox? I haven't seen him play but a full-back who is likely to make the play-offs with Wednesday may be a better option than the out of form Taylor.

I hate to say it but perhaps England showed us what the 3-4-2-1 should ideally be set up like against Germany. With Bertrand and Walker on the flanks but otherwise very similar to ourselves (imitation being flattering?) With a midfield base mix of defence and technical ability, one technical and one exciting 10's and a striker to cause havoc.

I think we need to start planning for the eventual benching of ledley, Ashley Williams and Neil Taylor as the three biggest names of recent times with seemingly shortest journey ahead.
    Yes, Williams has already said he is retiring after the 2018 World Cup campaign, Collins will surely follow suit. They will be 34 and 35 respectively by the time 2020 Euro qualifying starts.

Ledley, Edwards, Church, Cotterill, King, MacDonald, Taylor will all probably have one more in them after this one is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Yes, Williams has already said he is retiring after the 2018 World Cup campaign, Collins will surely follow suit. They will be 34 and 35 respectively by the time 2020 Euro qualifying starts.

Ledley, Edwards, Church, Cotterill, King, MacDonald, Taylor will all probably have one more in them after this one is over.
    There is a player in the Southampton youth side who can play for England and Wales and just might fit the bill of filling one of the CB positions. As far as I'm aware he's not had contact from either nation which seems to be a oversight particularly on our part.

I don't suppose there is a way of suggesting players to the FAW

It may be worth contacting Rob Page as it's his job to cover the under 21s and below.