+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Transgender boy story

Re: Transgender boy story

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    I actually think that the parents are guilty of a form of child abuse by pushing their ideas onto
    6 year olds.
    Kids of that age are just not thinking along those lines without being warped by the adults who are
    around them.

Attention seeking parents I'm afraid and everyone afraid to say anything due to fear of political
    correctness.
    In a facking nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    In a facking nutshell
    I think it's time people started taking a stand against this sort of shit.

Of course we shouldn't be allowed to just insult people based on their colour, sexuality etc. and any normal(?) person wouldn't want to anyway, but all this tiptoeing around 'minorities' for fear of using the wrong terminology is just patronising horseshit.

The reality is that most black, disabled, Muslim, lgbtqihniawtct people probably couldn't care less what their 'title' is as long as they are treated with respect, and the ones that jump up and down about it are the sort of people that just want to complain and point the finger at someone for their shit life.

The irony of the situation is that initially the aim was for everyone to be treated in a non discriminatory way - funny how we've reached a point where it's gone the other way and anyone 'different' now has to be treated as a special case.

Anyhow, back to my original point. I think the time has come for people to stop worrying about what you can or cannot say for fear of offending someone. Let's face it, whatever you say there'll always be someone that gets offended so why worry about it?

As you were people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

Of course we shouldn't be allowed to just insult people based on their colour, sexuality etc. and any normal(?) person wouldn't want to anyway, but all this tiptoeing around 'minorities' for fear of using the wrong terminology is just patronising horseshit.

The reality is that most black, disabled, Muslim, lgbtqihniawtct people probably couldn't care less what their 'title' is as long as they are treated with respect, and the ones that jump up and down about it are the sort of people that just want to complain and point the finger at someone for their shit life.

The irony of the situation is that initially the aim was for everyone to be treated in a non discriminatory way - funny how we've reached a point where it's gone the other way and anyone 'different' now has to be treated as a special case.

Anyhow, back to my original point. I think the time has come for people to stop worrying about what you can or cannot say for fear of offending someone. Let's face it, whatever you say there'll always be someone that gets offended so why worry about it?

As you were people.
    Are we allowed to use the term "normal"? Isn't that simply a way to impose our own stereotypes on people who's view of what is normal is more fluid than a black (sorry) or white (sorry again) definition of normality?

Blue in the Face

If you're looking for a voice of intellectual reason on this subject. Jordan Peterson is your man...

By the way, I don't quite understand the left-right dialectic on this subject. You could argue that the parents mentioned in the OP are rampant individualists with no regard for the collective. So you could even argue they are Thatcherites (or any other label). I believe bringing the left-right factors into this just confuses the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Are we allowed to use the term "normal"? Isn't that simply a way to impose our own stereotypes on people who's view of what is normal is more fluid than a black (sorry) or white (sorry again) definition of normality?
    Who cares?

I'm creating my own world where you can call black people black, laugh at women reverse parking and make jokes about Stephen Hawking.

If anyone criticises me for it then I'll say I'm offended by their actions and it's hate speech to grumpy old(ish) men.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    If you're looking for a voice of intellectual reason on this subject. Jordan Peterson is your man...

By the way, I don't quite understand the left-right dialectic on this subject. You could argue that the parents mentioned in the OP are rampant individualists with no regard for the collective. So you could even argue they are Thatcherites (or any other label). I believe bringing the left-right factors into this just confuses the matter.
    I always wanted to be assimilated into 7 of 9's collective.

Feedback

elsewhere I made comment about this shambles along the lines of:

its not ok to dress up as a fairy but it is ok to worship the sky fairy.

I meant the elfish imps who live at the bottom of your garden and Yahweh respectively, but apparently using the term fairy in this context is offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    elsewhere I made comment about this shambles along the lines of:

its not ok to dress up as a fairy but it is ok to worship the sky fairy.

I meant the elfish imps who live at the bottom of your garden and Yahweh respectively, but apparently using the term fairy in this context is offensive.
    I think you mean faggot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

As you were people.
    you are right mate
    some people just look for something to be faux outraged by
    people shouldn't have to fear something they say
    MAY hurt others delicate feelings
    what about your own feelings ?
    the "tolerant" by their own ethos should support you too, surely
    I think it was Voltaire that penned
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend your right to say it" but I think that's about censorship and book burning
    but I get the gist of what you mean DR

Blog Entries

Where do you start with this?

"This is disturbing. Yesterday some trans-critical feminists were due to meet at a venue in New Cross, London to discuss the government's Gender Identity Act and its potential impact on women and their rights. But trans activists and student radicals bombarded the venue with complaints and phone calls and emails, claiming the discussion would be "transphobic" and insisting it be cancelled. The venue caved to the mob. So the feminists met at Speakers' Corner in Hyde Park, the symbolic heart of the struggle for free speech in Britain, from where they would make their way to a new, secret venue. But at Speakers' Corner they were set upon by a trans group. One of the feminists was allegedly assaulted -- see her account below. Simply for wanting to discuss gender. Simply for questioning the trans ideology. Simply for raising some criticism of the idea that men can become women. It's heresy now to doubt whether trans women are real women, punishable by censorship, social ostracism and now, it seems, violence.
    Let's not sugar-coat this: the trans ideology has green-lighted the censorship and assault of women by men. Trans-activism increasingly looks like misogyny in drag." Brendan O'Neill

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Where do you start with this?

"This is disturbing. Yesterday some trans-critical feminists were due to meet at a venue in New Cross, London to discuss the government's Gender Identity Act and its potential impact on women and their rights. But trans activists and student radicals bombarded the venue with complaints and phone calls and emails, claiming the discussion would be "transphobic" and insisting it be cancelled. The venue caved to the mob. So the feminists met at Speakers' Corner in Hyde Park, the symbolic heart of the struggle for free speech in Britain, from where they would make their way to a new, secret venue. But at Speakers' Corner they were set upon by a trans group. One of the feminists was allegedly assaulted -- see her account below. Simply for wanting to discuss gender. Simply for questioning the trans ideology. Simply for raising some criticism of the idea that men can become women. It's heresy now to doubt whether trans women are real women, punishable by censorship, social ostracism and now, it seems, violence.
    Let's not sugar-coat this: the trans ideology has green-lighted the censorship and assault of women by men. Trans-activism increasingly looks like misogyny in drag." Brendan O'Neill

then train spotters are lethal, the new soul crew imho

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    then train spotters are lethal, the new soul crew imho

Is it not PC, now then to say, "I drive a trannie" ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Is it not PC, now then to say, "I drive a trannie" ?
    I used to listen to Radio Luxembourg on my trannie. Ah those were the days - uncomplicated days, when girls were girls, and boys were boys (and sheep were nervous)..