Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
Hmm, I'mm more confident - this world cup has shown that 'the Cardiff way' when organised and implemented effectively as a team strategy can be a successful one. It's our fixtures that I don't like - we have the members of the big six in two clumps, one in September and again in April. Need a win or two in the early games as September appears pointless.
I'm not saying how we'll do (I agree about our first three games), all I'm saying here is if we go about our business in the way I suspect we will and it proves to be unsuccessful, then I'll be one of the ones who are losing their heads as one of the contributors in this thread put it. My allegiance is to my team, not to a particular type of way of playing the game - we tried to play football "the right way" under Trollope and it was awful. Similarly, if I was Russian, I would loved the win over Spain, but as I'm not, I spent the one hundred and twenty minutes wishing Spain would grow a pair and impose their better quality on the game. So, if City are successful next season playing in a similar manner to the likes of Russia and Sweden, I'll love it, but if they aren't and are struggling, then I'll be slating a boring style of play that isn't working.