+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cornelius off to Serie 'A'....no fee mentioned

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cornelius off to Serie 'A'....no fee mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Craig Bellamy said he was the worst pro he'd ever seen, and he played like it too. We couldn't afford to be patience with a lone striker on £45k a week. Good luck to him but 1 in 4 since he's left is hardly a ringing endorsement.
    Closer to 1 in 3 according to Wikipedia. Any link to that Bellamy quote? I've only ever seen it on here.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Closer to 1 in 3 according to Wikipedia. Any link to that Bellamy quote? I've only ever seen it on here.
    Admittedly I looked a few weeks ago, and he's scored a few goals since then. It's still 25 in 85, which is hardly setting the world alight. The Bellamy quote was at that fan's meeting, and was reported on here by multiple reliable sources. I can't remember who but they all came back and said CB laid into him.

Admittedly I looked a few weeks ago, and he's scored a few goals since then. It's still 25 in 85, which is hardly setting the world alight. The Bellamy quote was at that fan's meeting, and was reported on here by multiple reliable sources. I can't remember who but they all came back and said CB laid into him.
    The debate doesn't seem to be whether he can set the world alight or not, but if he can kick a ball let alone is he good enough to be a pro. 25 in 85 confirms that he is.

He will always go down as one of our worst signings because he was too expensive and too raw, but he's clearly good enough to make a living in the game and at a level that the majority of players aren't good enough to reach.

The debate doesn't seem to be whether he can set the world alight or not, but if he can kick a ball let alone is he good enough to be a pro. 25 in 85 confirms that he is.

He will always go down as one of our worst signings because he was too expensive and too raw, but he's clearly good enough to make a living in the game and at a level that the majority of players aren't good enough to reach.
    He's good enough in Denmark but there were concerns in Denmark at the time about his readiness to step up, which I must admit I ignored at the time. For one thing or another, he was not the player we desperately needed and even though he's far superior to 99.9% of people who've ever used this messageboard (Ross McCormack being one!) he still should go down as one of the worst players we've had. Be it jealousy or whatever, he was spoken about in a very unfavourable light by one of his fellow pros and that sticks in my throat.

He's good enough in Denmark but there were concerns in Denmark at the time about his readiness to step up, which I must admit I ignored at the time. For one thing or another, he was not the player we desperately needed and even though he's far superior to 99.9% of people who've ever used this messageboard (Ross McCormack being one!) he still should go down as one of the worst players we've had. Be it jealousy or whatever, he was spoken about in a very unfavourable light by one of his fellow pros and that sticks in my throat.
    I meant he's good enough to play at a level that the majority of pros aren't, not the majority of CCMB users...

He will always go down as one of our worst signings because Vinny chose to make a really big fuss about it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He will always go down as one of our worst signings because Vinny chose to make a really big fuss about it.
    Yeah I agree there. That statement that was put out was one of the lowest things City have ever done.