+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cornelius off to Serie 'A'....no fee mentioned

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cornelius off to Serie 'A'....no fee mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    What have I said in the history of using this forum that you would claim was written to just wind someone up.

Cornelius played 8 games for the club. I'd guess under 150 minutes of football in his cardiff career.

People wanted shot of zahore after he'd played well over 20 times. Now look what has happened.
    The amount he cost must be taken into account, we needed someone who would hit the ground running when we went up and for that amount of money we should have.
    Malky screwed up. You don't pay that much and then give him the number 9 shirt for someone you see as one for the future,Malky thought he had his main striker for the season, he was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    The amount he cost must be taken into account, we needed someone who would hit the ground running when we went up and for that amount of money we should have.
    Malky screwed up. You don't pay that much and then give him the number 9 shirt for someone you see as one for the future,Malky thought he had his main striker for the season, he was wrong.
    Yep I can't deny it didn't work out and he didn't produce when he had his chances.

I think if we had a different owner we would have persisted with him though. He was expensive and his wage was quite high but look at lambert. And 8 million isn't that huge in championship.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Yep I can't deny it didn't work out and he didn't produce when he had his chances.

I think if we had a different owner we would have persisted with him though. He was expensive and his wage was quite high but look at lambert. And 8 million isn't that huge in championship.
    I'm sure I read at the time that Everton had been watching him and valued him at 3.5mill,if we had spent that and brought him in as a backup to an experienced striker I'm sure we would have persisted with him for far longer. Unfortunately we had chucked all our eggs into a Corn shaped box and so we started the hardest season we've had for many years on the back foot.
    And that's not even considering the even more bizarre john Brayford transfer.